Shearwater Perdix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can see your next and subsequent stop (deco schedule) while on an actual decompression dive. It's on the dive setting, dive planner menu which can be activated in real time during a deco dive. I find this feature very useful when on a technical decompression dive.

Take note however, that the planner will not give you warnings such as gas limits, CNS limit violations or isobaric counter-diffusion risks due to sudden helium switches.

thanks for that I mean id like it on the main screen instead of having to scroll to find

if I recall the word TIME has segmented line that moves from T-I-M-E so each dash = 15 seconds
check manual

Numerical seconds would be better. Regardless, I missed that in the manual. Thanks, it'll be helpful!

Does the log data from perdix record individual tissue compartments?

I just bought mine today, cant wait to try it!

Did any of you trim the elastic clip straps back?
Yes. And you can use orings to tuck the ends in.

Just in case you don't know, to put on loosen the straps and clip them together. Then just slid it on, hold the face against you and pull the straps tight. Easy. Some people prefer the bungee straps but I prefer the adjustable straps.

Just in case you don't know, to put on loosen the straps and clip them together. Then just slid it on, hold the face against you and pull the straps tight. Easy. Some people prefer the bungee straps but I prefer the adjustable straps.
That's how I do it. I don't understand how so many think / say it is difficult. I understand it may not be someone's preference, but still...

Sweet. How tight would you have it against your drysuit? Just tight enough to not slip?

Most people I've seen with them use the straps and do the tightening method that you've mentioned. I think the strap elastic loosens after a while as well correct?

I dive wet. Snug but not uncomfortable. Easy enough to tighten a bit more at depth but I have rarely needed too.

Mine never "loosened". I use it both wet and dry and do as uncfnp posted above, it's not hard although I generally set it once and just stretch it over my drusuit rings, ditto for wetsuit season. I do unclip to to take it off dryduit though but not wetsuit.

Had my first dives with my new Perdix yesterday. Love it.

Got shown a nice way to do the buckles up solo also. Rig them so the female clips are towards you (with the elastic going away from you and around the arm) and slide them so the female clips are close to the computer body. Place the computer on your arm, and hold one of the female clips in place with your right thumb (computer on left arm in this case). Use the rest of your right fingers to find the male clip. Once found, its a simple matter of plugging it in. Simples!

Back
Top Bottom