Shearwater Perdix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bsppc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Any feedback on the Perdix ? I am considering buying one for next year.

They are nice. Shearwater has what many consider the best support in the industry.

Wonderful computer. I've had mine on a couple of trips already. The lower profile is nice.

No tech dives yet but great in Rec Mode. Love the BT downloads for my electronic dive log.

Hope I don't need service.....
Everyone hopes that their stuff doesn't need service. I have had some issues with my Shearwater Predator that were not necessarily the fault of the computer. Curt took very good care of me. I'm considering buying another computer as a backup and Shearwater is at the top of the list. I need to get the Petrel 2 instead of the Perdix so I can monitor the cells on my rebreather, but I dive with several people who are pleased with their Perdi. (That might be plural for Perdix)

If you search perdix or shearwater you'll see nothing but praise. I've had a Petrel 1, 2 and Perdix, they are the gold standard for dive computers.

Great computers! I've only got a handful of dives on mine, but zero issues about reliability with Shearwater standing behind the product. The display is just gorgeous, and it's one of the most trusted computers on the market. Buy one, and just on the bandwagon :wink:

I concur with above comments very good computer no regrets there a few things I dislike but the plus far outway

dislikes namely-
1) for some reason -and it may just be position I wear the perdix but I find the compass button is very sensitive and turns on and I have to reset to main screen at least once on a dive
2)I wish you could somehow go back to main screen quickly instead of scrolling through menus
3) when you get a deco stop greater than your presetting (say 6m) and you are required to do say a 9m deco the time shows only the first deco stop (of say 2min at 9m) and the 6m deco is not shown except in the TTS ( so if you had 2min at 9m and 16min at 6m it only shows 2min at 9m and the TTS shows 18min +/-) -id like it if it showed me the 6m deco and the 9m deco at the same time one under the other
4) you cant iCloud the database across other devices -although it can be done using dropbox but not a smooth operation

many plus likes but love
a) the customising what you see on your main screen
b) tissue loading bar graph
c) dive profile graph
d) dive planner with gas requirements
e) searches gas choices (searches prentered gas fo2 and suggests best mix switch )

If its in your budget, you will never regret it. Every "negative" comment is along the lines of "too much money if you aren't going to use the full capability" which may be true for some or even most rec divers. On the other hand, I have not heard of a single owner ever regretting buying one. I love mine to bits.

Back
Top Bottom