Shearwater Perdix 2 end dive delay question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ctinny

Registered
Reaction score
For people who have played around with the Perdix advanced settings, how does changing the delay affect your logged dive time? I've had it happen where I've surfaced just for a few minutes to check in with my buddy before going down again, but the perdix counts it as 2 different dives. I would like to avoid that, but I don't know how changing it will affect the behavior of the computer. If I surface, will it stop counting the bottom time and just wait for me to descend again for 10 minutes before logging it as complete, or will it continue running the clock so that my 40 minute dive is logged as lasting 50 minutes? Thanks!

If I surface, will it stop counting the bottom time and just wait for me to descend again for 10 minutes before logging it as complete, or will it continue running the clock so that my 40 minute dive is logged as lasting 50 minutes?
The former; 40 mins.

The benefit is where you do a dive then surface to look for someone/thing, then dive down. If the delay is short, it’ll be logged as two dives. If a long delay then it’ll be logged as a single dive.

There’s no real drawback to having a longer delay.

No impact on logged dive time. You’re on the surface after all. It doesn’t add that to your dive. You can also manually end the dive if desired once you know you may not be descending again.

The benefit is where you do a dive then surface to look for someone/thing, then dive down. If the delay is short, it’ll be logged as two dives. If a long delay then it’ll be logged as a single dive.

There’s no real drawback to having a longer delay.
Then you get pretty graphs like these where you're in shallow water with no vis when it's dark.
Screenshot_20230830_162202_Shearwater.jpg
Screenshot_20230830_162301_Shearwater.jpg

Just wanted to add, even if you increase the delay your dive will still stop when you surfaced.. it's not like it will add 10 min of "surface" time to each dive.

I changed mine to "end the dive" after the maximum allowable time the computer allows. I think like 500 seconds? When you actually surface for the end of the dive just press the left button and "End Dive".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom