She had a gleam in her eye

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

billtodive

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
KrisB was kind enough to take me for a dive at Makena Monday, preceeded by a very professional briefing. The quality of diving so close to shore is amazing.
Tuesday brought us to Ulua, for over two hours of pure enjoyment.
Four species of eel were kind enough to grace us with their presence, as well as many of the fish he suggested we might see.
Topping it off was a number of turtles, and then Kris's new girl.
She gracefully swam within inches of me and settled in next to Kris.
Being a gentleman, I backed off for the lady, and watched a wonderful sight.
Looking over his left shoulder, he waited patiently for me to catch up, a few times, but the turtle slightly above and behind him on the right matched his every move! I finally pointed to my eyes with one hand, and to the right with the other. The look in his eyes when he turned to the right (eye-to-eye with that cute gal), well, it was priceless.
Thanks Kris, for great diving, guiding and great underwater entertainment:D

Hey no worries!

It's been awesome diving with you, too, Bill... Looking forward to tomorrow's dive with Chris (and if I can get ahold of him in the morning), Bob.

Anyways... the conditions here are pretty good these days. Not much of a swell, though the tradewinds are kicking up the surface chop in the afternoon once again.

On a side note, yesterday's second dive at Ulua put me over the 100 logged hours of diving (and, in case someone is keeping score, 130 dives = 46 minute average bottom time)! Kind of a neat milestone. :)

I had to read this a couple times and than read Kris's profile. . .

Just a quick note... the turtle was not touched, threatened or otherwise molested.

Thought I should clear that up before someone starts branding me a sicko!

Has Hawaii ever defined exactly what is the molesting of a turtle? I mean exactly?

KrisB:
Just a quick note... the turtle was not touched, threatened or otherwise molested.

Thought I should clear that up before someone starts branding me a sicko!
Too late! Are we sure it was a girl turtle?:D

So no exact wordings of what exactly is molesting a turtle???

Back
Top Bottom