Sharm El-Sheikh F.A.Q.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How can you talk about places to eat in Sharm without mentioning Tam Tams?

The food is great, cheap prices and you can sit out on the balcony and watch the world go by! :)

Definitely my favourite (although I was quite partial to the Kofta Casserole in Pomodoro)

Anyone stretch to ethneen birra? :wink:

Dom

Tam Tams? where is that place, i don't recall i ever seen it .. sounds interesting!
if u're into Kebab & Kofta, u MUST defenitly try Al-Masreyin restaurant in the Old Market .. they don't serve food, they do mericales :D

redseadiver:
if u're into Kebab & Kofta, u MUST defenitly try Al-Masreyin restaurant in the Old Market .. they don't serve food, they do mericales :D

RSD - that's the one I wrote about at the beggining - didn't remember the name:
For local Egyptian food you have to go to Old Sharm Just at the exit from Old Market there is a restaurant (I don’t remember the name) which you can’t miss – there is a big grill outside. Great food.

so i will edit this post to have the name
You're absolutly right - they make miracles not food
Mania

redseadiver:
Tam Tams? where is that place, i don't recall i ever seen it .. sounds interesting!

Can't remember exactly where, but if you walk along the beach path/promenade out of Naama Bay towards Sonesta Beach, it's on the left.

Dom

Kimball Chilcott:
how many dives a day can be dived/dove(sp?) from a liveaboard safely?

Normally we do 3 to 4 dives per day.
The first day we did the Thistlegorm (2 dives) and the Small Crack (night dive). The Thistlegorm dives were tiring because of strong currents.
The second day we did the Dunraven, Anemone-Shark-Yolanda, and Ras Zaatar.

I tried this before... but can anypone direct me to a water temp chart for the red Sea.

Or just tell me- North end, July? What's the temperatures?

Any comments on live aboard VIP One?

RoatanMan:
I tried this before... but can anypone direct me to a water temp chart for the red Sea.

Or just tell me- North end, July? What's the temperatures?

Any comments on live aboard VIP One?

Average temperatures on July (north route) are:
Sea: 26 C
Day: 37 C
Night: 32 C

[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]C[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]37°C[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]32°C[/SIZE][/FONT]

Shadow: wow .. that's cool man .. i think my next experience must be a diving safari, as i haven't been on a liveaboard before.

about Sharm El-Sheikh forecast, I think this website might be of any help for you guys. hope u enjoy it :wink:
http://www.windfinder.com/forecast/sharm_el_sheikh

Hello All

Since there's a thread created for Sharm El-Sheikh, I'm going to fire a salvo of questions to those familiar with this city:

1. How much should I set aside for my accomodation if I wish to stay in a 3 star hotel?

2. Any nice hotel to recommend? Budget is about USD 60 per night.

3. What is a reasonable price to pay for 1 day of say 3 dives?

4. Which are the best dive sites from Sharm?

5. What is the modus operandi of the dive operators there? Do they pick you up from the hotel if it's in Naama Bay? Do the dive boats have warm showers?

6. I'm going there in April so what's the water temperature and how thick a wet suit should I be wearing?

7. Are 3-4 days enough for Sharm? I've got a total of 9 days in Egypt. Suggested itinerary is always welcomed!

8. And of course, any dive operators to recommend?

And, if there's any other information that may be useful, let me know too!

Thanks in advance!

F/E

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom