Shark Off the Menu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Orlando Eric

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
A local eatery opened and being called the Shark Bite Grill they offered shark on the menu. It was a hit and they were filling seats and selling shark meat faster than bubbles float.

Many local divers contacted the owners and voiced a concern about the waning shark population and urging them to remove shark from the menu. They easily could have just said nope.. and kept selling it because as you all know there are not that many divers per population and the shark was bringing people into the new resturaunt.

They promptly removed the shark and stated they were educated on the shark decline now and will no longer offer shark. There is talk about adding Lionfish though.:eyebrow:

I urge all divers passing through Jupiter to stop in and eat at the place telling them you support the No Shark menu! They obviously are hearing "dude no more shark.. bogus" -- so lets support they who support us.

Sharkbite Grille Restaurant | Restaurant Bar & Grill

I'd have told you to mind our own business and if you didn't want to eat shark meat don't order it. There's no shortage of sharks. This is one of the most outlandish stories I have ever heard.

I'd have told you to mind our own business and if you didn't want to eat shark meat don't order it. There's no shortage of sharks. This is one of the most outlandish stories I have ever heard.

are you serious right now?

uhhhhhh, WHAT?

I am very impressed with this restaurant's actions, it seems unprecedented, but hopefully more establishments will follow suit.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=17.750748,-64.895395

that is an awesome menu: FISH BITES.. what the hell is that? Like Reptile bites... mammal bites (is that cat, dog, horse, cow or coon?)

Might not be a good idea for you guys there since you can actually eat there but I just called and thanked them. Apparently they have a facebook page so will post a thanks there in the next day or so.

Not nearly as outlandish and misinformed as this post if it's serious. I'm hoping it's a joke.

I called them and spoke with the manager. They are now selling freshwater fish from Vietnam produced in aquaculture ponds.

I think I would much rather eat, domestically caught shark from a local fishery that is tightly regulated by the state and federal government, compared to eating imported, frozen fish from across the world.

But to tell the truth, I never order fish at a restaurant, I get my own and it is always much better than what I can buy.

Kick back to the thread list and look at the posts for sharks off of Jupiter and then tell me that sharks are in short supply.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom