Shark kills Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We didn't show up here on a space ship!

You don't know that.:mooner:

The natural discussion is that people are wanting "chance" encounters, as opposed to baited ones. Many people consider chumming cheating, and prefer the old fashioned way of hoping...

You have to remember Sharks are Apex predators they swim and eat, eat and swim. Sharks in a frenzy state (adding chum and blood to the situation and while maneuvering for food sharks are more than very aggressive) If they bite each other in their state of arousal what do you think will stop them sampling you?

A shark dive ... done right, is one of the most amazing things I have ever done :wink:
a2ad.jpg

e897.jpg

They are beautiful
d8ba.jpg

I don't think any dive op can ensure your safety 100%. When you jump in the water you have to accept the risk that something can go wrong. I could understand filing a suit again a dive op because someone was injured or killed as a result of them poorly maintaining their boats and rental gear, but YOU make the choice to have an encounter with wild animals and YOU have to live, or die, with that decision.

Eep! Nice pictures, but please resize...

I love how the guide has armor on but all of the tourists are half naked. If its necessary for the guide to protect himself why not the tourist 10 feet away?

finally I found the quick post area!!! geeeze pics are screwing my screen viz up!!!!

Anyways, if I was a DM and had to do shark dives every day all year long I might wear armor too! I mean the odds of getting bit go up every time you dive with them... Also the DM usually handles the bait bucket (or Chum) so I would think a little protection would be in order...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom