Shark footage from Rongelap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vjongene

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have put up some footage shot by my son last summer in Rongelap Atoll, Marshall Islands. This just shows sharks (mostly grey reef) in their natural habitat, taking only a fleeting interest in the divers who have come to join them. No attacks, feeding frenzies or threatening postures. But IMHO this is what diving is all about - observing and enjoying. So, here it is in Windows Media or Real format. The quality is not professional, but what the hell... Enjoy!

Thanks for sharing your shark video - it was very good !

I'm leaving Saturday morning for the Southern Bahamas and hope I get shark video as good as yours. Heck, I hope I see some sharks !

NAIBDiver1

Thanks for sharing the adventure. I leave for Fiji tomorrow to dive with bulls and hopefully some tigers. We are taking sony's new HD camera, so I hope we can bring you guys back some cool video clips for the web site for you guys. That's if we don't botch it.

Cheers,
Eli
Shark Diver Magazine
www.sharkdivermag.com

bah, i see sharks everyday

(and when i go to court, LOTS of sharks everyday)

:eyebrow:

nice vid, thanks for sharing. man, that's a lot of sharks

Very cool video. One these days, I've got to invest in some recording equipment.

Excellent footage - looks like a great place to dive. I took a video camera down with me for 4 dives in Cocos. Got some good footage of the whitetips in a bit of a frenzy on a night dive and some decent hammerhead action. Sharks never cease to amaze me - such beautiful creatures.

Thanks for sharing the video. Awesome. I get excited seeing just 2 sharks at one time. Couldn't imagine seeing that many at once.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom