http://www.diveheart.org/

Shark fin soup at Disneyland HK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just received the same message. I wonder how long it took their PR people to "craft" it and then get approval from upper management?

PC BS aside, does reliable and responsible suppliers mean finned sharks aren't dumped in the ocean, the whole shark is used?

I went to an Asian wedding a few years back and they served Shark Fin soup, it was pretty good. One thing though, it had absolutely no shark parts what-so-ever as an ingredient.

dlndavid:
One thing though, it had absolutely no shark parts what-so-ever as an ingredient.

:06:

then it wasn't shark-fin soup

they use the fins' cartilage to give the soup its consistency (its' suspended...
or disolved... forget which.. .in the liquid)

H2Andy:
:06:

then it wasn't shark-fin soup

they use the fins' cartilage to give the soup its consistency (its' suspended...
or disolved... forget which.. .in the liquid)

You have a point there, it wasn't shark fin soup, but that's what they called it on the menu. I guess it satisfied their tradition.

cerich:
I Don't think I can add much more than my disgust...

Actually, you could add a little ginger...

As if their nefariously smarmy movies, tentacles in every aspect of American life, and that annoying voiceover announcer of theirs weren't enough!

cheers

Billy S.

Wasnt this topic just posted a couple of days ago??

Back
Top Bottom