Shark diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Similarly in Tiger Beach, Tiger Shark is on top of the Shark Totem Pole, as shown in the video, below. If you are in the line of fire of the Tiger Shark, you'd get bit.

Perhaps it is my small screen but to me, it looked more like the lemon was in the way of a mid-chew of the tiger, rather than the tiger biting to chastise the lemon.

Perhaps it is my small screen but to me, it looked more like the lemon was in the way of a mid-chew of the tiger, rather than the tiger biting to chastise the lemon.
You saw it right. Finch was about to feed the bait to the Tiger Shark, but the Lemon Shark was closer to it, so he pulled his hand out of the way. As a result the Tiger Shark ended up biting the Lemon Shark on the nose.

Timing is everything. Typically when the Tiger Shark opens its huge mouth, a water suction occurs. Finch would feel the rush of water flowing into the Shark mouth. All he needs to do is to release the bait a few inches in front of the Shark mouth. The bait then would just got sucked into the Shark mouth. If you release it too soon, before the rush of water flowing into the Shark mouth happens, then the bait would fall off to the bottom and gets eaten by the other quicker scavengers. If you release it too late, then your hand might get eaten by the Shark.

Finch still has all of his fingers. So he's an excellent Shark handler / wrangler and has quick reflex and good timing. I have seen some of these guys with missing fingers.

You saw it right. Finch was about to feed the bait to the Tiger Shark, but the Lemon Shark was closer to it, so he pulled his hand out of the way. As a result the Tiger Shark ended up biting the Lemon Shark on the nose.

Timing is everything. Typically when the Tiger Shark opens its huge mouth, a water suction occurs. Finch would feel the rush of water flowing into the Shark mouth. All he needs to do is to release the bait a few inches in front of the Shark mouth. The bait then would just got sucked into the Shark mouth. If you release it too soon, before the rush of water flowing into the Shark mouth happens, then the bait would fall off to the bottom and gets eaten by the other quicker scavengers. If you release it too late, then your hand might get eaten by the Shark.

Finch still has all of his fingers. So he's an excellent Shark handler / wrangler and has quick reflex and good timing. I have seen some of these guys with missing fingers.
@John Bantin tells a story about an "excellent" handler from, Fiji, if I recall the locale correctly.

Sometimes it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.

The guy's new nickname is Lefty. Okay, I made that last part up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom