Shark deterrent?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I fear I have been permanently tainted by the eco divers as an official harasser of wildlife.

Nothing is permanent.

We can agree to disagree and still enjoy a nice trigger ceviche or tuna roll together :wink:

Pat and I have bumped heads, but he's still on the top of my list of charter captains in PC.

I prefer to tie a roast or a large ham to the leg of my dive buddy when I am spearfishing. That usually keeps the sharks away from me. Although, I sometimes have problems finding diving buddies any more!

There is apparently a lot of skepticism about the functionality of a shark shield. We have seen the deterrent effect on sharks on a number of occasions. We would not offer this product if we did not believe that it does provide a deterrence to curious sharks. There are no claims that it will make anyone 100% safe,

We are not sure about Sand tigers, but it does not work on nurse sharks. Of course, if nurse sharks were the only thing to worry about, we wouldn't use these things.

MAKO Spearguns - Store

My son in-law made a fish basket by attaching tow laundry baskets together. With weight inside and a door cut into the baskets to put the fish through and an attachment to the anchor/tie off line. When the last diver is done use a lift bag to send basket up....simple. Even a cave man could do it..LOL

The best technique I've found so far is to take another diver with you that swims slightly slower than you!!!!!!!!!!

Now that's funny I don't care who you are.

The best technique I've found so far is to take another diver with you that swims slightly slower than you!!!!!!!!!!

Now that's funny I don't care who you are.

I read about a fisherman in Clearwater who had an Aquashield and said it saved his life so I looked them up and found them for $130.00. I went to google and typed in Aquashield shark deterrent and found all kinds of information.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom