Shark attack, Egypt, Brothers islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be there on March 16 on the Red Sea Agressor. Hopefully it will have been sorted out by then.

And im just sitting here, with my ittiy bitty knife with only 3.5 inches of blade length and a flat tip :shocked:
I need to get myself one of those spears lol

Unless you have one of these and cut a heart shape for the shark. Some say he will smile you back.

Dive-Rite-Titanium-Trauma-Shears-2.jpg

Back in the day the Red Sea Liveaboards required 50 dives minimum. Now while that doesn't seem a lot for most of us on SB, I remember when I first started, that seems a huge number - requiring 2 maybe 3 overseas dive vacations. I would like to see a return to something similar, but recognise that its a fine balance between accessibility (and tourism income) and diver capability

50 dives over how many days?

This facebook comment, cited above, that the Brothers are still closed seem to be fake news: there are thrustworthy reports from German divers in the Internet - they have been at the Brothers on 1.1.2019 with MY's Blue and G3D...

Wolfgang

Clear as mud.
So usually when I have seen requirements such have minimum X dives, there was never a time limit to have completed them.

They just asked that you must have done X dives in your life.

Sometimes people ask you to have dived recently but that is often an independent and additional requirement.

Clear as mud.

:rofl3: 50 dives while on a 10-day trip... On schedule like that DSAT people bent their test diver on day 2.

The Brothers itinerary is usually 18 dives on a week long Liveaboard as night dives as not permitted on some of the dive sites. 50 dives is a prerequisite experience level for booking on the trip, not the number of dives on the trip itself. All Red Sea operators will carry out an easy 'check' dive first so divers can settle in, do weight checks, etc. Also an opportunity for the guides to discreetly asses everyone's ability level. Great trip by the way, you'll have a blast!

Anyone worried about inquisitive sharks, just take me along! I garauntee there won't be one for 50 miles as I'm probably the unluckiest shark spotter out there.

Back
Top Bottom