Shark attack, Egypt, Brothers islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The OWT was agitated from the get go, pectoral down and all.

Is there, somewhere out there on the www (or here on SB) a collection of shark behavioral “tells”, possibly with pictorials? (... Just in case I ever get a seat at that poker table...)

Is there, somewhere out there on the www (or here on SB) a collection of shark behavioral “tells”, possibly with pictorials? (... Just in case I ever get a seat at that poker table...)

I just search in YouTube for perticular shark & watch the video clips, like this one:

Those Oceanic Whitetip Sharks with unusually long pectoral fins remind me of fighter jets.

Where was that? My wife and I ran into a female tiger shark about that size in Honokohau Harbor off the the Crescent Beach a couple of years ago close to Christmas. I didn't get the best video. All I had was a Hero 2 with me.
The 1st encounter happened at Hookena, of all places. The 2nd was at Honokohau, shore diving of Crescent a.k.a. Dog Beach. You can watch my video from Honokohau here.

Previously, I've seen her couple of times from far away.

But isn't on the surface the very place you want camo to work, since sharks usually attack from below?

How much time does a diver spend on the surface compared to below?

The International Shark Attack File has some good info. (They are "the world’s only scientifically documented, comprehensive database of all known shark attacks. Initiated in 1958, there are now more than 6,200 individual investigations covering the period from the early 1500s to the present."

Just seen an update on another forum which confirms the thought that the sharks were being fed by boats - which might account for the change from their normal behaviour to the aggressive behaviour in the video.

I believe that at least one boat has been handed a ban from the area with financial penalties being handed down as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom