Shark attack Catalina Sat. 6/21

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agree with TJ's assessment. I don't surf, I don't swim and I don't kayak far offshore. That's just asking for it!

Just be careful about taking your wetsuit off afterwards. :wink:

I KNOW how I would react....and I am glad I have a p-valve!

Yeah...but not a poo-valve..... :rofl3:

I'm just glad she is ok....probably scared as all heck.... but at least she's ok...

Eagle Rock on the backside of the west end if the reports I heard are correct. Same place I had one follow me (in VERY clear water), but that was about 30 years ago.

I read the article and some eye witness accounts. Pretty scary for the woman. Definitely a brown wet suit/dry suit moment! I don't think a P-Valve would suffice. :scared:

wow...that's a pretty incredible story...i wonder how big the gws was...

The only estimate I heard was about 15' but if I remember correctly, they stated it was very difficult to judge from the angle they were viewing the incident.

Gotta love the media.....still call it an "attack." Of all the attacks I've heard of, the person is usually seriously injured.

The good news is she has a strong heart! hehehe.

Last year it was Blue whales, this year it is Whites. Those will be harder to see from the plane, good thing I got Lasik done! I have only seen one shark from the plane and it was on the surface right between the ends of Angels gate.

Back
Top Bottom