Shark Adventure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is very cool video..thanks for sharing it with us!

Did you happen to see any Tiger sharks out there? After reading about that 13 year-old surfer and her arm being torn off by a 10+ footer I've been curious just how frequently they can be seen in and around the Hawaiian islands.:sharkattack:

I usually have my nose to the reef looking for "stuff", so I have no idea what has seen me :D (not too sure I want to know)

Hubby has seen them in low vis conditions, their favorite hunting condtiontions. I once heard someone say that if every tiger shark that swam around Waikiki had a surface flag tied too it, there would be a lot less people in the water.

EnronX:
That is very cool video..thanks for sharing it with us!

Did you happen to see any Tiger sharks out there? After reading about that 13 year-old surfer and her arm being torn off by a 10+ footer I've been curious just how frequently they can be seen in and around the Hawaiian islands.:sharkattack:
Ive told this story a few times but I'll do it again very quick. Same day Steph had her arm bit off on Kauai I set a lobster net, OK 2 nets off Maui. Picked one and could not find the second. Dove the next day and still no find. Third day my "buddy" decides he should run my boat and tow me in mask and snorkel in a search pattern to find it since he is the 30 year navy dive officer and he kows where he set his net. Did that for a hour feeling like bait the whole time. Tanked up as I figured that it had to be deeper than I could see from the top. Down five minutes and we were rushed several times as close as five feet by a 15 foot tiger!...They say it was a 15ish footer that took her arm.....:11:

Is there something similar (a shark cage) on Maui? I'm going later this year, and am pretty tempted to make a short hop to Oahu for 2 days or so just to do the shark cage snorkel. I saw the info on getting in the shark tank at the maui ocean center, which sounds neat (and is still a possibility), but that just isn't the same.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom