Shark Adventure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To dive with sharks sans a cage, there are two great places, MOC and sharks condo. Both on Maui. Maui Ocean center has an awsome sharks dive in a tank. Sharks condo you decend to 130 feet hold real still and 2-3dozen sharks will appear out of the gloom. Very cool!

We took our weightbelts along and hooked our feet in the bottom part of the time. If we were to do it again we'd take a spare air along. It was on this dive that Roger wanted to get a picture without bars. He held the camera just past the bars and a shark bumped him. :11: the attachable view finder (lens) fell off the camera and all we could do it watch it sink :(

i would have just gotten out of the cage to get the pic

scubadrewvideo:
As you can see from a different persective that most people don't even let their feet even get close to the bottom of the cage.
outside10.JPG

I guess I have been lucky to experience this adventure from outside the cage.....needless to say it has yet to be topped! Sorry but I can't reveal how I was able to do that.:wink:
this is an awsome pic how close did you get to the sharks and what kind of sharks are these??

CatalinaCanuck:
Not to steal anyone's thunder, but here is my last Shark Dive Photo.

modDSC03686.jpg

Great pic CC :wink:

Still not as good as the Shark Dive with Roger on the Mahi last August.

I'll cross my fingers that we see one when we go out together again. I'll be on the boat this time :wink:

Mostly white tip reef sharks....a few weeks ago I saw my first Galapagos (not while in a cage), an 8 footer. Came with in about 20' of us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom