Sharing Your Current BP/W Gear List

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Primary rig (travel)
BP: Halcyon
Wing: 30# Halcyon Eclipse
Harness: Halcyon single web
Reg: Deep 6 signature 1st and 2nd stages, long hose primary and short with necklace backup
Computer: Perdix AI, Oceanic OCi backup
SPG: AI and brass and glass 2"
Hoses: Rubber

Also have SS backplate, weighted STA, and 45# Dive Rite Dual Rec wing for doubles locally (colder quarry diving) or Palantic 30# wing for singles diving locally.

1. Backplate: DiveRite XT Stainless, no STA required (will get solid heavy plate for diving in California)
2. Wing: DiveRite Travel
3. Harness: basic 2" with 4 d rings, 2" crotch strap with 2 d rings
4. Primary 1st stage: Scubapro mk26 evo
5. Primary 2nd stage: Scubapro G260 (R195 secondary)
6. Computer: Suunto Zoop.
7. SPG: A round one with a dial and metric markings.
8. Hoses: The ones that came with my regs.

SMB attached to right side of wing in pouch with opening facing downward, torch clipped to left chest d-ring and secured with bungee to strap to keep from dangling. whistle on inflater hose. 1lb weight on upper tank strap is my only weight.

BP and Harness: Diverite Transpac XT with added weight pockets
Wing: Techline Donut 22 special edition
Primary: Aqualung Legend LX Supreme
Secondary: Aqualung Legend LX Supreme
Computer: Suunto Vyper 2
SPG: a round Suunto, with metric markings
Hoses: What came with my kit

SMB in pocket of drysuit'
weights: cast my own lead weights to fit in the pockets on the diverite QR pouches

I'm curious; why do you use a single tank adapter with that backplate?

EDIT: I use the 2-piece STA with the Oxycheq Wishbone plate for travel but also on my DGX SS plate. I'll probably invest in an Oxycheq 1-piece STA for my DGX plate though.

Personal preference and because it is easier to pack for travel. I can basically separate the plate/wing/STA (with attached cambands) in about a minute and stow everything safely. The Oxycheq 2-piece STA system weighs almost nothing (8oz. total) and I can pack them in concentric circles, if that makes sense.

On my first dive using an STA, I realized I liked diving them better than just threading cambands through the plate itself. Obviously not required, but unless I go dive somewhere remote and have strict airline weight requirements, I'll be sticking with STA's.

Deep 6 bonanza!

1. Deep 6 plates (steel and aluminum), with a Halcyon STA and removable weight insert. This lets me easily adjust the amount of weight on my back for different suit thicknesses. I also like using the STA because it lets me easily detach the wing so that I can fill it with water and shake it around a bunch to rinse the inside post-dive without also having to shake 10 lbs of metal at the same time.
2. Deep 6 30lb wing
3. Deep 6 coated webbing harnesses. I have one harness on my steel plate that's adjusted to fit my drysuit + undergarments, set up Hogarthian style. The other is attached to my aluminum plate, adjusted for my 5mm, and sports a pair of Dive Rite integrated weight pockets so I don't need a separate weight belt.
4. Deep 6 Signature 1st stage, DIN variant. I also have a DIN-to-yoke adapter for travel.
5. Deep 6 Signature 2nd stages. I have an orange one on an orange 7 ft hose for my primary, and a black one on a 24" black hose that I keep on a homemade bungee necklace. I don't have a canister light, so the long hose gets tucked under a delrin rod threaded through my waist strap.
6. Shearwater Teric with transmitter on my right wrist, and an Oceanic Geo 2.0 on my left arm as a backup.
7. Deep 6 2.5" Imperial SPG, on a 24" hose clipped to a D-ring on my left hip.
8. Apart from the aforementioned hoses, I also have a 22" BC inflator hose, and whatever hose came with my drysuit (some kind of SiTech hose of unknown length with a quick-on attachment mechanism).

1. DGX aluminum backplate
2. DGX-brand 25# DiveRite travel wing
3. DGX webbing
4. ScubaPro Mk25
5. Halcyon Halo
6. Uwatec Digital 330m (no computer)
7. DiveRite plastic-faced SPG that I need to replace soon
8. 7' long-hose for my primary, necklaced backup, 22" LPI

1. Backplate SS Plate from Golem Gear
2. Wing - 35 lb from Golem Gear
3. Harness - one pc webbing, I finally today put on chest d-rings that are bent ( best thing I've done )
4. Primary 1st stage Scubapro MK20
5. Primary 2nd stage Scubapro G250
6. Computer - none
7. SPG - PSI in large numbers with white face for my 40+ year old eyes.
8. Hoses rubber, 5' for primary.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom