Sharing Divemaster Materials

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's not up to the individual instructor. If PADI say teach the eRDPML, then that's what should get taught.

Bear in mind tho', that it's also down to the instructor to make sure you both have the correct materials, as it will be their aris on the line if PADI finds out......

1. There is a provision that allows instructors/schools to use up their existing stocks of Wheel or eRDP before changing over to the eRDPml.

2. Again, get the instructor to confirm with PADI about this definition of possession when it applies to couples.

1. There is a provision that allows instructors/schools to use up their existing stocks of Wheel or eRDP before changing over to the eRDPml.

Correct...from TB 1Q09:

Standards changes listed may be put into effect immediately, and must be implemented in PADI courses and programs as of 1 August 2009.

I heard once (sorry, I can't remember the reference - it may have been direct from PADI), that a couple were allowed to share materials...as they both possessed it. It is a different scenario because a couple can both possess one set of materials.

Contact PADI directly and ask for confirmation.

Sorry again, I can't reference that.

Ok, that's news.

Scuba Scotty, I'd suggest you contact the shop in Indonesia to check this as that's where you'll be taking the course.

Although PADI is pretty good at being consistent about things, this is something that wouldn't surprise me too much if interpretation was different from one region to another.

Better to double check it before spending any money you don't have to.

R..

I've e-mailed PADI, I'll post what I hear back. Obviously I don't want to spend money I don't have to, but the big thing is I don't want haul extra books around - because it'll be me carrying two crewpaks!!! :)

-Scotty

The eRDPml has replaced both the wheel and eRDP. You must each have your own copy of the Divemaster manual so that you can each fill out the knowledge reviews, own eRDPml and own slates to use as well as the diving equipment stated earlier.

Back
Top Bottom