Shallow dives in the Keys...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's misleading. All of the shallow reefs you've dived around Key Largo have deeper areas. The spots on the reefs where charter boats usually take divers are shallow, but there's lots more just a little farther off shore. In most cases, the deeper reefs are in better condition. Molasses Deep is beautiful!

Fair enough! :D

check out conch republic divers in tavernier my 10yr old just did his open water certification dives with them and they have a great operation.

The refresher will most likely come from Smokey mountain Divers in Kingsport, TN. But I figured her first real open water dives would be more enjoyable in a little warmer water. Considering it is about 25 degrees right now, I have to admit to having fantasies of warmer climes myself!

Kayakguy,
Just a note to let you know that not all dive operators have a divemaster in the water on the dives and you and your wife may be totally comfortable after the refresher or you may want to consider hiring a guide for your first trip. Most of the diving in the Keys is the perfect depth for you guys to get comfortable with your skills again, then perhaps you can go do something more challenging. If you don't have your dive reservations made, give us a call and we can get you set up. Best wishes for some great diving in the Keys! BTW our water temp is 73-74 degrees right now and air is just a little more than that.

Regards,

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom