Shadow Divers: John Chatterton's Interview with ScubaBoard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob,

BTS was a last minute stop for me. I was only there for the last 4 hours on Sunday, regardless I had a lot of fun and saw a bunch of friends. I am in the DR right now, but I promise to sign your billboard next time. I need to tell the other Bob Marx that you are using his name???

Cheers

JC

Well it certainly was appreciated that you took the time to come up and say hi for the time that you did. Thats a long way to come just for the day.

Well it certainly was appreciated that you took the time to come up and say hi for the time that you did. Thats a long way to come just for the day.

Although I had fun, I also wanted to stop by at the SUDS booth and show my support, even if it was just for a short while. Somehow, it ends up not being that long a way after all.

Cheers

Okay, so what is the quote???

"Generally we all play Monday morning quarterback . . . but we neglect to factor the panic that almost always stops logical thought in its tracks, and derails us from self rescue." Richie Kohler

"Generally we all play Monday morning quarterback . . . but we neglect to factor the panic that almost always stops logical thought in its tracks, and derails us from self rescue." Richie Kohler

I thought it was a pretty powerful, yet amazingly honest. We can all prepare for a dive at length, and double check that everything is functioning properly, but when things start to go bad the mind has a way of completely clouding logical thought. Like John said in regards to the Rouses, despite everything that happened in the sub they could have made it back to the surface with a drastically different outcome, but Chrissy bolted and it cost 2 lives.

Thanks again John!!

Although I had fun, I also wanted to stop by at the SUDS booth and show my support, even if it was just for a short while. Somehow, it ends up not being that long a way after all.

Cheers

I have a lot of respect for the SUDS program and wish I could do more to help them. At the present time I'm more in with the HSANJ group and looking forward to working with the Wounded Warriors and the DEMA pool with Big Wave Dave, in July at Rockaway Yacht Club. Only so much time to give.

on the subject of Shadow Divers I would like to say that this book changed my life. as soon as I finished the book I started to learn to dive ( now Advanced Open going for Wreck / Nitrox ) and to get over my fear of fish I did a Shark Dive in the Bahamas. I met John & Riche last year at Beneath the Sea in N.J. Where they signed my copy the guys were great and down to earth.
I think the diving public will love this movie, its the waiting that driving me nuts it was surpose to come out in 2008 but now is pushed back to 2009. stay safe and which were gages

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom