Shadow Divers: John Chatterton's Interview with ScubaBoard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think that there firey chicken is a rooster.....

That Richie is a smart feller.

I wish that you were as smart. We went to Scotties on Friday night. The food was SOOOO bad that we could not eat it. I had no idea that anyone could ruin steak like that. But the "barladies" compensated. Va va voom! I think that I understand why you went there and it weren't the food!

on the subject of Shadow Divers I would like to say that this book changed my life. as soon as I finished the book I started to learn to dive ( now Advanced Open going for Wreck / Nitrox ) and to get over my fear of fish I did a Shark Dive in the Bahamas. I met John & Riche last year at Beneath the Sea in N.J. Where they signed my copy the guys were great and down to earth.
I think the diving public will love this movie, its the waiting that driving me nuts it was surpose to come out in 2008 but now is pushed back to 2009. stay safe and which were gages

N,

I am flattered, but no one is more interested in the movie coming out than Richie and I???

See you out there.

I wish that you were as smart. We went to Scotties on Friday night. The food was SOOOO bad that we could not eat it. I had no idea that anyone could ruin steak like that. But the "barladies" compensated. Va va voom! I think that I understand why you went there and it weren't the food!

Nowhere (except maybe Gary's book??) am I anywhere quoted as saying we went to Scotty's for good food??? It was always for the atmosphere, and nowadays the nostalgia. They used to have waiters, from Sri Lanka. Apparently things have changed.

I actually did make the last 4 hours of BTS (at the last minute I postponed my DR flight), and thought about heading up to Scotty's, but you guys were 2 days gone?

Cheers

JC

N,

I am flattered, but no one is more interested in the movie coming out than Richie and I???

See you out there.

As I said, the topside research was as compelling to me as the dives (and I LOVE to dive). I just wonder how this will translate in the movie. Scenes with people reading tend to be somewhat boring.

Good luck with that. I'll bet I'll be saying "the book was better" after the movie comes out, though.

N,

See you out there.

Speaking of the movie...now that the writers stike is primarily over have they given you any updates going forward with it?

btw...I think they should get Arnold Schwarzennegar and Danny Devito together again to play you guys! :rofl3:

Speaking of the movie...now that the writers stike is primarily over have they given you any updates going forward with it?

btw...I think they should get Arnold Schwarzennegar and Danny Devito together again to play you guys! :rofl3:

You mean have Danny Devito to play John? :popcorn:

:rofl3:

Nowhere (except maybe Gary's book??) am I anywhere quoted as saying we went to Scotty's for good food???
JC

Gary's book specifically mentions the outstanding food at Scotties. And how the wreck is really off the coast of Gibraltar. Turns out that you guys were actually diving an old garbage barge from the 70s. Gary planted the spares box so that he could find it later and get the credit. Apparently you beat him to it and is still mad. Hence the book.

Gary's book specifically mentions the outstanding food at Scotties. And how the wreck is really off the coast of Gibraltar. Turns out that you guys were actually diving an old garbage barge from the 70s. Gary planted the spares box so that he could find it later and get the credit. Apparently you beat him to it and is still mad. Hence the book.

Now that is just good comedy humor.:rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom