Shackle bolt snap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those are also the half-inch shackle pin. Too small for the OP.

I can see that they will be hard to find. I'm "guessing" that @Anthony A. wants to adapt it to 1" Nylon webbing. If so, a more practical solution is to use a bold snap with a bale like this and hand sew the webbing around it:

upload_2018-2-17_7-54-49.png

It is pretty easy with a sailmaker's sewing awl:

upload_2018-2-17_7-57-53.png

Those are also the half-inch shackle pin. Too small for the OP.

this isn't them??

from the NESS page:
upload_2018-2-17_11-16-8.png

from DGX:
upload_2018-2-17_11-17-18.png

As I said, scroll the page.....

He wants the kind that has a threaded clevis pin through a shackle instead of a solid bail, like this:
XSSHL911.jpg

I've used several of those, but have never seen one with a pin opening any larger than a half inch. I've never seen a six-legged sheep either, but I suppose there might be one.

He wants the kind that has a threaded clevis pin through a shackle instead of a solid bail, like this:
View attachment 446681

I've used several of those, but have never seen one with a pin opening any larger than a half inch. I've never seen a six-legged sheep either, but I suppose there might be one.

Understood, but all the Clevis pins that I have seen are 1/2" wide or less. Another option is to fold the webbing on itself in the loop area. It doesn't look as good but works.

Understood, but all the Clevis pins that I have seen are 1/2" wide or less. Another option is to fold the webbing on itself in the loop area. It doesn't look as good but works.
I was responding to rwestfall, not you.

Another option is to thread a split ring onto the webbing loop then thread that onto the bolt snap

Back
Top Bottom