SGS or henderson hyperstrech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tazman101d

Reaction score
I am looking to get a 5mm or a 7mm wetsuit. I have used a henderson and liked it, but I was wondering if the Bear SGS was basicly the same suit? I know the Henderson is realy strechy, how strechy is the SGS?

any sugestions would be great.

thanks in advance

tazman101d:
I am looking to get a 5mm or a 7mm wetsuit. I have used a henderson and liked it, but I was wondering if the Bear SGS was basicly the same suit? I know the Henderson is realy strechy, how strechy is the SGS?

any sugestions would be great.

thanks in advance

I don't really know where you would be diving this suit, but since you are looking at a 7mm I expet it is relatively cold water. I would suggest you go with the BARE. BARE uses a much highre density neoprene - it will not strech as much, but it also will not compress as easilly. BARE is a Canadian company. They build their suits to tolerate Canadian diving conditions. I've been comfortable in mine diving Tobermory in water as cold as 6 C (44 F).

The BARE SGS is almost as stretchy, includes a glideskin interior similar to Henderson's Gold Core suit and doesn't have the same problems with the pilling exterior that the Henderson Hyperflex suit has.

In my opinion the BARE is a better suit at a better price.

Back
Top Bottom