SF2 Rebreather Try Dive at Blue Grotto (Sat April 25th)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The fun continues... We're here in High Springs and as I was exiting the water at Ginnie, I ran into Steve Lewis, Horst, Tom and Uwe. Going back to welcome them out of the water in a few minutes. They are headed to the Maple Leaf and possibly the White Room.

Good to see you there, Pete.

Uwe, Tom and I did the bone tunnel circuit and I took them to see the White Room and the small memorial for Debra Green on the way... fantastic unit and a pleasure to dive and teach backmount or sidemount... especially sidemount (Tom was kind enough to endorse my instructor creds on the unit to now include sidemount cave).

As an aside, I consult for the company that distributes SF products... including the SF2 to the military, scientific, public safety markets so if you and your dive team fall into that category, and are interested in the unit, training, or just wanna check it out, give me a shout.

Good to see you there, Pete.
I think 'surprised' might have been a better word, Steve. :D :D :D As a caveat, while most diving the cool clear waters of our springs need a dry suit or at least a heavy wet suit, a few of us use only a bathing suit and t-shirt. I was approaching the lips when I saw lights that were exiting, so I held back and out of the way so as not to impede their egress. Exiting divers ALWAYS have the right of way. Uwe was first. I could tell by his SF2 and his bodacious stache! I flashed my light at him to get his attention and when he looked at me his eyes filled the mask. I don't think he was prepared to see a fat guy swimming in a bathing suit back in the cave like that. He then recognized who I was and all was cool. Steve had much the same reaction when he came into view. Hey, if you're built like a manatee, you get to dive like one! :D

Here's my SF2 experience. Thanks Uwe for being my guide and videographer.

Another reason to own this rebreather...
"Honey, this rebreather doesn't make my butt look big."
hehehe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom