Setting Up Cascade

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Honestly.... nowhere yet. I haven't moved on anything, but I'm pretty sure with the fill panel and 4 banks I'll use 2 x 3500 / 2 x 3500 / 2 x 4500 / 2 x 4500, so a total of 8 tanks. I have a realistic parts list I just need to order it and get it done already. I think the T's and the CGA-347 connections will cost the most. The ss tubing and nuts won't be so bad.
Nothing good happens quickly.
4 banks sounds great.
Didn't you end up with 9 4500psi cyls.
I would consider using them instead of the 3500, all the same reduces risk, harder to inadvertently overfill, while keeping things as simple as possible.

Nothing good happens quickly.
4 banks sounds great.
Didn't you end up with 9 4500psi cyls.
I would consider using them instead of the 3500, all the same reduces risk, harder to inadvertently overfill, while keeping things as simple as possible.

I have 4 x 6000, 9 x 4500, and 4 x 3500.

The 3500 are really heavy, they are DOT tanks. They are heavier than the 4500 tanks by like 30# a piece. Actually I'm thinking about filling everything to 4K and see how that goes. Would keep the compressor alive longer. I just need to get some experience with it. If it makes sense to take the 4500 to 4500 I will, but I don't think I need to.

The most tanks I've ever filled at once was about 1150cf. It took me 3.5 hours. I'm just trying to never have to go through that again.

What are the standards used in the US for tubing?

In Europe it's mostly 6mm (OD) tube on compressors and 8mm for banks.

I have 2 at 4500. On paper should work just fine for filling 2 tanks.

Time will tell

What are the standards used in the US for tubing?

In Europe it's mostly 6mm (OD) tube on compressors and 8mm for banks.

I was told 1/4" (looks like 6.35mm?) and .035 thickness;

1/4 inch seems to be the standard.

I have 2 at 4500. On paper should work just fine for filling 2 tanks.

Time will tell

The most I filled at once was either 14 or 16. If it was just me then 1 or 2 bottles would have been great I think. But with 7 people in the family diving (mostly only 4 of us), more just makes my life easier.

The most I filled at once was either 14 or 16. If it was just me then 1 or 2 bottles would have been great I think. But with 7 people in the family diving (mostly only 4 of us), more just makes my life easier.

7, you guys are a dive shops wet dream.

7, you guys are a dive shops wet dream.
And that's why I bought a compressor... it was such a pain in the ass to make that work for everyone... driving, lugging tanks, filling or dropping off, driving again... no thanks.

Thankfully I'm a cheap sob, everything we have is just about used gear for 50% off or more. Bp's don't go bad, used wetsuits are cheap.

Go figure, my wife who dives the least is by far the most expensive diver:)

Edit: I haven't been to a dive shop but twice in the last year. Spent less than $50 total in that time, but I did spend $4000 on the compressor setup to not spend money at the dive shop... so there's that, lol

The real question is can your compressor handle that much volume.

Back
Top Bottom