Setting Up Cascade

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Question

So what are the numbers that are the min for running vs sitting, etc. ... Even if you ran it once a month should be no big deal,
If you can't manage that get a dive buddy that's double the fills, :wink:

@Rol diy ,

I dive solo, and local, so when I was running scenarios, I assumed weekend recreational dive trips every two weeks. (So, four single-cylinders every two weeks.) And my target was to run the compressor once a month, for quite a few minutes each time.

I was thinking I would top up the entire cascade system to full whenever I could no longer fill a cylinder completely, and to fill my dive cylinders from the cascade system (whenever I fill at home).

I ran scenarios assuming, alternately, four HP 120's, four HP 100's, four HP 80's, and four old-school 72's, and assuming cascade cylinders that are, alternately, 3,500 psig, 4,500 psig, and 6,000 psig.

@rob.mwpropane (the OP) wrote that he will be servicing the seven (!!) divers in his family, so his requirements will be much, much different than mine.

rx7diver

@Rol diy ,

I dive solo, and local, so when I was running scenarios, I assumed weekend recreational dive trips every two weeks. (So, four single-cylinders every two weeks.) And my target was to run the compressor once a month, for quite a few minutes each time.

I was thinking I would top up the entire cascade system to full whenever I could no longer fill a cylinder completely, and to fill my dive cylinders from the cascade system (whenever I fill at home).

I ran scenarios assuming, alternately, four HP 120's, four HP 100's, four HP 80's, and four old-school 72's, and assuming cascade cylinders that are, alternately, 3,500 psig, 4,500 psig, and 6,000 psig.

@rob.mwpropane (the OP) wrote that he will be servicing the seven (!!) divers in his family, so his requirements will be much, much different than mine.

rx7diver
There are 7 divers, but realistically theres usually only 4 that consistently go.

I'm doing a 2 bottle setup I'm heading to local place tomorrow to order the bottles lines etc tommorow.

I'm doing a 2 bottle setup I'm heading to local place tomorrow to order the bottles lines etc tommorow.
What psi? Let us know how it goes.

I keep playing with ideas in my head.

I don't think I would need the valves, I'll just use the valves on the tanks. If I could find inexpensive valves I might do it, but they get pricey fast.
Rotating all the valves is a real pain, especially on the wrist and hands, they can turn quite stiff at the higher pressures,

I put 1/4 turn valves on my low bank tanks
16380276428925264542527236726707.jpg

I probably wouldn't recommend it, unless you have a few bottles, I use them as individual banks, for more efficiency,

I would leave the bottles open and just have 1 valve for like 3 or 4 bottles or how ever many you want,
Make like multiple banks, that way you can pump them full faster

Rotating all the valves is a real pain, especially on the wrist and hands, they can turn quite stiff at the higher pressures,

I put 1/4 turn valves on my low bank tanksView attachment 692927
I probably wouldn't recommend it, unless you have a few bottles, I use them as individual banks, for more efficiency,

I would leave the bottles open and just have 1 valve for like 3 or 4 bottles or how ever many you want,
Make like multiple banks, that way you can pump them full faster
I would need a lot of valves...link to where you picked them up?

Dammit why couldn't you be closer, lol. I need more friends smarter than me to keep me on my toes!

Do you have any pictures or a parts list? I have messed with RP before. They're pretty awesome. I'm trying to figure out a way to add solenoids to the coalescers for less than commercial prices, I just need to add them to a timer. I would like to be able to walk away from my compressor for an hr or 2.

As far as filling from the banks I have a few pressure regulators. I can turn the pressure down and walk away and let them fill slowly without exceeding whatever set pressure is.
I'll post some pictures when I'm back from Dahab.

From my phone, these are DIN connectors that I used for connecting the valves to the supply line:
20200308_160119.jpg

IMG-20200815-WA0004.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom