Solved: Setting so pub threads don’t show in new/recent posts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Schwob

Schwob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is there such a setting? Where, how?
If not, might there be other users who prefer seeing just somewhat related threads in their new and recent post lists? I would like an optional such setting to set myself up that way and head to the pub only when thirsty for the talk there.

I'll ask.
I am fairly certain the answer is no. Unless SB has a custom XenForo add-on to provide that functionality.

If you have access to a forum, activity in it shows up in your new posts feed.

But: it is all based upon what content you have access to. I have a client that used a custom add-on that filters content based upon thread pre fixes ( think "For Sale" on SB). They serve farmers in Africa and the Chicken people are not interested in Goat threads. The forums on their board are geographically based with threads segregated by thread prefix topics.

Turn off/quit the pub. Then it won't show. Think how little you'll miss by not going there.
I could do that, if so inclined, but it is not what my question is about.

Turn off/quit the pub. Then it won't show. Think how little you'll miss by not going there.

How do you do that? Might be the solution I'm looking for (although the OP has indicated it might be otherwise for their specific case), but for the life of me I can't find where to do that. I see "Join User Groups", but no options to leave....

Jim

How do you do that? Might be the solution I'm looking for (although the OP has indicated it might be otherwise for their specific case), but for the life of me I can't find where to do that. I see "Join User Groups", but no options to leave....

Jim
Ask a mod to remove you.

Sniff.....sniff...fresh meat?
itsatrap-2.jpg

Hey!

We're solving the world's problems in there.

If only someone would listen to our solutions...
The Pub members are a lot of long time Scubaboard members, like LB, who never sleeps, who have discussed and argued just about everything related to scuba over the last 15 years.
We used to argue about deep air diving, zero to hero instructor courses etc. now it's evolved into....well...anything goes. Beats Facebook. It's my only social
Media now.

The Pub members are a lot of long time Scubaboard members, like LB, who never sleeps, who have discussed and argued just about everything related to scuba over the last 15 years.
We used to argue about deep air diving, zero to hero instructor courses etc. now it's evolved into....well...anything goes. Beats Facebook. It's my only social
Media now.
Sleep is for the weak.

If you like ultra right wing politics you will fit right in. Take a sense of humor and a thick skin. Only occasionally do you have to bleach your eyes.
Like the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy - The Pub is "Mostly Harmless"

Although to be fair, some people may prefer Vogon Poetry instead :)

Media now.

LB can't go to sleep, the pub needs a safety guy to keep things "safe".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom