Servicing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nordiques

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello, i have bought my first scuba set in april of this year and have dove with it all summer ( about 35 dives). My regs are both from aqualung ( kronos supreme as primary and ABS as octo) and my jacket ( i know... no bp-w set up) is the scuba Pro QD i3.

Since i bought all this equipment from an authorized dealer, i assumed that i had a warranty on parts meaning that if i bring my kit to the authorized shop every year for annual maintenance, i would only have to pay for manual labor.

I have read before the manual that came with the equipment but without looking at the details. This week, being tired of studying for uni,, i re-read all the booklets.
Its seems to say that i had to register my products within 15 days of purchase in order to compel with the lifetime warranty.

Does this mean i will have to pay for parts after every service, that i am not covered by the warranty?

If you sweet-talk the dealer right, maybe he'll help you send in the registration with a false date on it. Or, if you take it to him for service, he shouldn't need the registration to know it's under warranty. Truth be known, the manufacturer will probably work with you on this. I'd try dealer first, another dealer second, and the manufacturer as a last resort.

Since i bought all this equipment from an authorized dealer, i assumed that i had a warranty on parts meaning that if i bring my kit to the authorized shop every year for annual maintenance, i would only have to pay for manual labor.

Just a minor clarificaton, the Free Parts For Life only applies every OTHER year

"If all of the terms of the agreement are met, the original owner will receive free standard regulator overhaul parts every other year for the life of the regulator"

I would just go back to the authorized Aqualung dealer from whom you originally bought the reg setup. Ask the dealer whether he/she automatically registered the rig with Aqualung. It's standard practice in some stores to do this "automatic" registration. If it isn't already registered, there should be no problem with entering the purchase info in the official Aqualung registry database. Just be polite and clear about what you want. I'm pretty confident that Aqualung would prefer having a happy customer. Good luck.

In the shop I worked in we registered all the equipment for the customer. Talk to the dealer, they should be willing to deal with you. Your dealer may have already registered it for you, we found that after AL went to online registration they still had warranty cards in the packaging.

We would do a full service every year if necessary. Every other year we would do a bench test to save the customer money, and if it failed the bench test, the a full service was necessary.

For those who kept it within the warranty terms it worked out well. They just paid for labor, and unwaranted parts (torn mouthpiece, etc).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom