Servicing own reg - Mares MR22 w/ Abyss

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jaevis

Reaction score
Hi,

I would like to try to service my own reg. It is a Mares MR22 Abyss second stage. Can anyone offer any advice. Any service manuals, drawings, etc would be well appreciated.

Thank you.

The Mares abyss Second stage is nothing too complicated. You don't even need a seatright away if it hasn't been flipped yet. Other than that, it is all metal and all you need is a couple wrenches, and an allen key. I doubt you even need the diagrams.

Thanks for the link. It is very comprehensive and informative.

Btw... can you tell me where can i get those tools and parts needed for servicing?

Jaevis:
Thanks for the link. It is very comprehensive and informative.

Btw... can you tell me where can i get those tools and parts needed for servicing?

No proprietary tools are necessary to overhaul the MR22 Abyss. Off the top of my head you need:

-IP gauge
-First stage handle
-4, 5 , 6 & 10 mm Allen keys
-5.5 mm nut driver (7/32 inch works)
-various wrenches for the hoses and first stage pieces:
14,17 (2), 25, 32 mm open end. Or a big adjustable ( not recommended) Other sizes for the other hoses.
-snapring pliers
Screwdriver for the second stage retaining ring.

You can fake the poppet and seat tools with pencils with erasers. Make a lever height gauge out of plastic. 8mm for the MR22.

I may have left something out, so read the manual first.

You can get the IP gauge and handle at
www.scubatools.com

Neil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom