September 24th Group Trip - Details!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you click on charter schedule, and go to September, the date and locations of this dive are on there. However, there is no option to pay for this dive there. There is a note that says club dives must pay their club who chartered the vessel. Jim? Can you add a pay pal "pay for this dive now"......this group had a previous bad experience letting someone else handle their money. We are not really a club per se, just a group of computer nerds looking for strength in numbers to go diving. Help.

fpsndiver:
If you click on charter schedule, and go to September, the date and locations of this dive are on there. However, there is no option to pay for this dive there. There is a note that says club dives must pay their club who chartered the vessel. Jim? Can you add a pay pal "pay for this dive now"......this group had a previous bad experience letting someone else handle their money. We are not really a club per se, just a group of computer nerds looking for strength in numbers to go diving. Help.

You folks who have posted that you can't reserve the trip on line are right. I thought i had it posted last week, but apparently did not save the changes i made.

It is posted now. Thank you for your patience and for letting me know about the problem!

Also, please see my next post about adding trip(s) on Friday.

kwickert:
I think we posted about the same time... :D

I am guessing it would be something like the Hyde/Markum, I believe they use those for OW checkout dives too, so they shouldn't be too bad for your first ocean dives...

If we can get the people, we'll make sure the sites aren't too advanced.

Ken

We would be glad to do Friday dives. We only need 5 to get the charter going. Sounds like there are three or more already waiting to go on this list, so i will put the dives up on the site as soon as i know what you want to do.

Here's an idea: a two tank dive on the Hyde, one in late afternoon, one after dusk (night dive). The first dive gives all a chance to get accustomed to the wreck, the second gives the night dive some are looking for. Downside: we are doing the Hyde and Stone the next day.

Or just do the standard Hyde/Markham trip. A very good trip. Can do as a morning trip or an afternoon trip. We'd have some preference for the morning option, since it would give us more time to prepare for the next day, but no big deal.

Ken, you seem to be taking point on this: tell me what to put up on the site, and i'll put it up, and we'll see who signs up. 100% refund to anyone who signs up if we don't get the five people to make a trip.

LOL,

Yup, guess I am taking point on this one...

If it's Ok with you Jim, when we get the required people we'll make more of a decision on where to go...

I am thinking though, if it's possible, that it may not be a bad idea to post the trip on your site, as we may get one or two divers that way?

It sounds like SC diver needs to go the late afternoon night dive route, which is cool with me, I just want to get in the ocean, and have never done a night dive in NC, so double bonus, but whatever works for the majority, works for me.

Ken

I've contacted Jim and will go on the 24th. I'd also like to dive on Sunday the 25th, if anyone else is interested.

Bill

kwickert:
Jim,

It looks like late afternoon/evening is our best option for getting the # of divers needed...

And who knows maybe we can get some local divers too...

What time would we need to be at the dock?

Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom