Sept 5,6 or 7 LBTS Shoredive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AevnsGrandpa:
Hi Conch folks,

Well I gone from one coast to the other looking for a dive!

My wife and I are staying over in Ft. Myers, but driving over is no problem. I would just need a shop to get weights and a tank for myself and mask, fins and snorkel for my wife. She wants to snorkel while I'm diving and want to see lots of marine life!!

Do anyone have any time during one of those days to buddy up and let an inlander like me enjoy your waters and reefs???? I'm available to dive pretty much anytime September 5,6, or 7.

You can PM me back on the board or email me at jeffrey.l.lovell.cjq0@statefarm.com I'm out on a business trip all of next week but will be reading my email from work.

Jeff

I might try to go, too. Just wondering, how's the diving around Ft. Myers? I did a couple of tanks off Captiva, maybe 8 years ago. Nice vis. but the tubes and the barge site were a little lame. Didn't see the huge Jewfish that's "always" there.

Hope to say Hi this weekend.

Jack

I'll be around for an evening dive or two IF I don't get stuck with the on-call phone to make up for not having it this past week. I'm definitely stuck with itas soon as I get my cable internet back up...No Labor Day diving for me! :11:

[
A later dive is great......will give me time to get to dive shop for tanks and have some jet lag time too!!!!.....I will be using the dive shop in dania beach, but i am sure there is one in LBTS... maybe some of the locals there can help you with that info!!!!!
Two tanks??? sounds good to me........
It was 104 here yesterday......can't wait for some wet relief!
MAry

Thanks for the responses. I won't be available to get over to LBTS till Monday the 5th. Since I'm not real sure where I am going and will definitely be looking toward you good people to let me know a dive shop and a time too meet.

Are you more of the mind to just pick a general time to meet or how to you guys plan a dive?

Jeff

The making of a Conch Party.
Generally we pick a time and a place to meet with another time about a half hour later to hit the water. The thread starter usually picks the time and place.
If some folks can't make it at a desiginated time, they may post when they can make it. Often times somebody else deems it a good time too, and now there are two dives going on on the same day. Then somebody may ask what will we do for food. Now food is considered. Hmm, first lot of divers thinks they can make the second dive also, and now make a day of it. cool. Dive a bit, eat, dive. What could be better?
That is how we do our Conch parties!

Sometimes we just show up at X time and dive. :D

Well in this case I prefer not to set the place and time. I just finished my first ocean dive on Laguna Beach in California and found out that swiming in a washing machine is ok but not that fun and trying to get out of the water on to the beach with 1-3' waves is NOT fun. Then having to try and rinse my gear off in a hotel shower and find a place to hang it up......I think I am going to stick with just snorkeling with my wife for this trip down to Florida (Unless you all can talk me into it!). Plus I don't think my gear will be dry enough by the time I pack it, fly back Friday and then fly out to Ft. Myers on Sunday.

Just for my information, are shore dives in Florida as adventureous as they are in California?????

Jeff

My understanding is that people prefer our warm water, good vis, colorful fish and coral over the cold, wavy California diving.

Guess I'll see if my gear is mostly dry for the trip.

Water still warm? I had seem in it was in the 80's. Can I get away with diving in a t-shirt and swimming trunks? I don't want to be over heated in my 5mm full.

If a conch party is set up for when I'm down, I'll do my best to come.

Thanks's ya'll,

Jeff

If gear is drying, you are not diving enough!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom