Sept 27 venice dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fgray1

GDI Diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A bunch of divers from Tampa are diving at the peir next Saturday on Sept 27. All are invited. Shallow dive max 22 feet. Great for new divers. Incoming tide from 9:30 am to 2:30 pm so it should be easy in easy out. This is just for the fun of it . Maybe meet new divers and look for some teeth.

My wife and I were just up that way this weekend, abotu 1/2 mile north of the peir area. We met Reefguy on his way in (our way out) and I believe the consensus was that the water temp was great, the vis, for Venice Beach, as pretty good, and there were lots of teeth to be had! Lets see if my wife reads this post and wants to go again next weekend! :wink:

After yesterday's dives, you don't have to ask me twice!!

I'm trying to make arrangements. Maybe we could twist Wildbill's arm and get him to come too.

I might be up for this. I was there over the weekend, too. Visibility was really good for a beach dive.

I'll have to see what my weekend looks like later in the week. Is there a group meeting in Tampa or is everyone going to meet at Venice Beach?

We plan on meeting on the beach on the north side of the Venice Pier Between 11:30 and 12:00 am. The tide will be incoming. I'll be the guy with the red 2 wheel hand truck and a 6X8 blue tarp.
By the way My Name is Fred. There should be about 12 in my group from Tampa.

You may want to meet a little earlier. The vis drops as the afternoon winds and rains come in.

Reefguy
Are you going to go Sat. I'll tell everyone to get there between 10:30 and 11:00.I don't know if they will make it. Some of us are driving 100 miles to get there.

I hope so. Babysitting can be a trick for me, and My parents are out of town. I'm trying to work something out with my wife, but there's no telling.

I was just up there Sunday and had a couple great dives,
my new dive buddy was great and she gathered many
smaller teeth that she gladly let me keep for memories of
the day. The viz was very good earlier in the day for a beach
dive and only tapered off slightly in the afternoon. Watch
your air, it can be a long haul back from 20' depth. Before
you leave the beach set your compass bezel for first leg
going out and reverse for return, this way you dont need to take a heading while in the water. If your out to 18'-20' depth I would
recommend heading back toward shore around 1500, you
can always puttz around with remaining air, this is better than
getting caught 1/2 mile out with 400 psi, have fun !

Kevin Falconer Fort Myers, FL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom