Sensors: which gas shall I have in the loop when not in use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, in future I will follow the manual, follow your recommendation and open the unit right after dive, you convinced me, thank you.

And I am thinking of sensor storage in helium which is easily done on the Liberty head. I could use CCR Liberty Oxygen Sensor Test Kit which I alread have. Or I can produce caps which fit Liberty's head, one with he inlet, one with outlet, so I can flush it. What do you think about that?

So you're saying that your Liberty CCR is a bitter disappointment.
Not at all. The he sensors do not work. I don't know any Liberty diver who did not or does not have problems with those he sensors. They work fine in an analyser, in a rebreather they don't. So I just forget about them.

Apart from that the unit works fine, I am happy with it. I had sensor problems which most divers have. As the unit has 4 sensors that's not a major problem.

And I am thinking of sensor storage in helium which is easily done on the Liberty head. I could use CCR Liberty Oxygen Sensor Test Kit which I alread have. Or I can produce caps which fit Liberty's head, one with he inlet, one with outlet, so I can flush it. What do you think about that?
I think the same as everybody else keeps telling you. It is a waste of time and money. The sensors will be fine in air.

My MKVI gave me cell errors last weekend. The cause? I didn't vent the e-module during a long surface interval (Poseidon says to air out the e-module between dives if possible to avoid cell issues).

After an evening stripped, cleaned, and next to the dehumidifier in the garage, all was back to normal with the cell readings the next day once they had a chance to dry out.

Cells aren't perfect, and have a finite shelf/useful life. If in doubt, change the cells.

I think the same as everybody else keeps telling you. It is a waste of time and money. The sensors will be fine in air.
No doubt they are fine in air. And I expect them to be even better in helium. From a theoretical point of few: lower pO2, lower voltage, lower consumption of energy, longer life.

Waste of time: adding some plugs and blowing helium through it takes 1 minute. Money: plugs are easily made, a bit of helium is cheap.

My MKVI gave me cell errors last weekend. The cause? I didn't vent the e-module during a long surface interval (Poseidon says to air out the e-module between dives if possible to avoid cell issues).

After an evening stripped, cleaned, and next to the dehumidifier in the garage, all was back to normal with the cell readings the next day once they had a chance to dry out.

Cells aren't perfect, and have a finite shelf/useful life. If in doubt, change the cells.
My idea is to vent the head right after dive (lesson learned :) ) and then store it with helium in there.

I will change my cells when necessary or even befor, no worry about that. Nevertheless if I can do them something good I will.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom