Sensor plug for COEII?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOODMAN

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am pursuing getting a Analox CO monitor, and in my research I have noted that there is a sealing plug available for the O2 tester which is supposed to extend sensor life. Does this plug work on the CO tester also? And it useful to use it on a CO tester? Also, I read somewhere that the testers now come with these plugs, so why are they available for sale everywhere? Replacement, or are they really optional? Woody

Hi Woody,

Good question. The sensor saver plug is provided for the O2EII as the Oxygen sensor is continually reading 20.9% O2 in atmosphere. We do not provide a sensor saver cap for the EIICO as it's sensor is not subjected to significant Carbon Monoxide exposure during storage. Hope this helps!

Hi Woody,

Good question. The sensor saver plug is provided for the O2EII as the Oxygen sensor is continually reading 20.9% O2 in atmosphere. We do not provide a sensor saver cap for the EIICO as it's sensor is not subjected to significant Carbon Monoxide exposure during storage. Hope this helps!

Patti,

I just purchased the O2 EII and will be picking up the EIICO next week. I understand that the EIICO is not subjected to significant CO exposure during storage however would the sensor saver cap still futher extend the life of the CO Sensor. After all the replacement sensors are by no mean cheap so anything to extend the life would help.

If you keep the thing in something airtight, like the Turtle Tube I have mentioned in other posts on this subject, you would therefore have no exposure to the ambient air, so why a sensor cap?:confused: Just additional expense with no real benefit, if you ask me, but that's merely my opinion. Woody

Patti,

I just purchased the O2 EII and will be picking up the EIICO next week. I understand that the EIICO is not subjected to significant CO exposure during storage however would the sensor saver cap still futher extend the life of the CO Sensor. After all the replacement sensors are by no mean cheap so anything to extend the life would help.

Hi Woody,

You fellas know I'm pretty no nonsense around here. I'd love to sell Sensor Saver caps all day long, however our finding show it just doesn't provide additional sensor life on the EIICO and therefore I can't justify selling it to you. Now if your EIICO is stored in an environment regularly contaminated with background CO: please MOVE !

Safe Diving!

Hi Woody,

You fellas know I'm pretty no nonsense around here. I'd love to sell Sensor Saver caps all day long, however our finding show it just doesn't provide additional sensor life on the EIICO and therefore I can't justify selling it to you. Now if your EIICO is stored in an environment regularly contaminated with background CO: please MOVE !

Safe Diving!

Thank you both for the the prompt reply. This answers the question perfectly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom