Senior Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skipper

Reaction score
Are there travel agencies who set up dive trips / liveaboards for senior divers (55/60) for both men and women? Are there any dive clubs for senior divers. If so, please respond.

heya skipper,

In short, yes, I know I have heard of some but I cannot remember where I heard or read about them. But I will actively try to find out for you what I can.

=-)

Skipper has wrote to be directly. I have you(skipper) on my dive trip mailing list now.
When I go to DEMA in January I will work out all the trips we will offer for the rest of 2001 and 2002.
There is still one room left for the Bonaire trip. The dates are March 17th to March 24th 2001.
I've had quite a few divers ask me to put a trip together for the Great Barrier Reef. They say," We're not getting any younger" so better go while we can all handle the long flight.
I'm thinking of stopping a night or two in Maui on the way, and then continuing on to Australia.
Watch for dates and prices after DEMA. At this point I'm considering Thanksgiving 2001 for this trip. It's spring there then and not as crowded as January and February are.
Dive the Planet!

What is the definition of a "senior diver" ?

Based on age?...cert level?...experience?....number of dives?....world dive locations?...number of dumb things done?...air consumption rate?...size bathing suit?....size wet suit?

How does one respond without more information?

Give me a break, and DSAO

Well, skipper mentioned he was looking for "senior divers ages 55/60" ... but personally I would think of a "senior diver" as one with years of diving under their belt and probably 100's or 1000's of log'd dives. Since a "senior diver", in my mind, would be one in the same with a "seasoned veteran and experienced diver" I would think that this widens the age group alittle more to even younger and older than what skipper mentioned.

=-)

Hey Skip, I'm 62 and I think I qualify. I havn't found any trips or dive operations that seperate by age. It would be nice to have divemasters that recognize we arn't the athletes we were when Kennedy was President. A little extra help for us geezers might be nice. Also, we tip well.:doctor:

Lawman once bubbled...
Hey Skip, I'm 62 and I think I qualify. I havn't found any trips or dive operations that seperate by age. It would be nice to have divemasters that recognize we arn't the athletes we were when Kennedy was President. A little extra help for us geezers might be nice. Also, we tip well.:doctor:

I'm 67 with about a 1000 dives, but have never felt the need to seek out other seniors for diving. I have, however, made concessions to age - no more long, deep decompression dives, try to avoid fighting currents, etc.

Just out of curiosity, what's your motivation for seeking dive trips for seniors?

(I'm off to Belize for a week early tomorrow morning, so I can't respond promptly.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom