semi drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check out www.divetank.com there in canada and have great deals . Dont know where they are , but they may be close to you.

fire_diver:
Stop it! Stop it!
Just need my precious wet suit. PRECCCCCIOUS. :jump3:

FD

"We hates the dry divers!"
gollum%20maquette.jpg

I don't know why, but I just seem to have no interest in a dry suit. Diving without getting wet is like drinking a fine bottle of wine while holding your nose closed. I'm in canada and I say cold or not, you gotta get wet.

My regular diving environment is a quarry where at depth the temp never varies much from 39-41 degrees. I dove for a couple of years with a Mares Isotherm semi dry and thought i was warm until I bought a used drysuit. Whoa what a difference! Dry is so much warmer.

The six or so dives I did with the Mares semi dry it did not allow any water in which was a problem as it was not equalizing and consequently crushing me! I would surface with black and blue marks!

RJP:
"We hates the dry divers!"
gollum%20maquette.jpg

This is just too funny, best laugh in a while!!! :rofl3:

*Floater*:
What's a skin-2-side wet suit?
Smooth skin on both sides, neoprene with no nylon or lycra sandwiched to it. Very flexable, you can fit it like a second sking, dries the instant you're out of the water (no chills), seals against your skin. Drawbacks: you can only glue, no sewing; less abrasive resistance.

In cold water (under 55 F), diving dry vs wet is the difference between enjoying the dive vs surviving the dive. Scuba time is WAY too precious (there's that word again) to not be fully enjoying yourself down there. I've done too many really awesome cold water dives that I just couldn't enjoy because I was too cold. Once I got the dry suit , my dive in Alaska was warmer and more enjoyable than some "warm" water Keys diving.

On most dives the only water inside my SEAC-SUB PRO 7mm semidry is my own sweat.

Thalassamania:
Smooth skin on both sides, neoprene with no nylon or lycra sandwiched to it. Very flexable, you can fit it like a second sking, dries the instant you're out of the water (no chills), seals against your skin. Drawbacks: you can only glue, no sewing; less abrasive resistance.

So who makes these and are they warmer than the normal 7mm wetsuits you see in stores? And if they are better, then how come there isn't much talk about them?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom