semi drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Pinnacle Elite and a separate vest/hood combination and I stay very dry. However, below 50 degrees F I switch to my Oceanic Flex dry suit. I’ve had the Oceanic for over 12 years (prob. 600 to 700 dives on it), a few neck and wrist seal replacements but I swear it looks like new.

Since I dive a variety of conditions (and what else do we divers have to spend our money on besides more equipment!!) I have lots of different exposure suits. The most useful has been the dry suit. My recommendation, save your money and go dry – it will allow you to dive a broader temperature range. Take good care of a dry suit (any dry suit the choice is up to you) and it should last a very long time.

I have a skin-2-side wet suit, I really don't get very wet.

chad-purdy:
what would you say is the best drysuit
The one that fits, is most comfortable and the one you will wear.

Gary D.

Jamie_r:
Im looking to buy a drysuit but because of cost im wondering should I go Semi-Dry, or spend the extra couple and save for a little while longer and go for the drysuit, I live in canada and the main reason is so I can comfertably dive in the winter. Do people often dive in the winter with a semi dry in our canuck waters or is it hands down- spend the extra bucks?
Being in Canada go dry.

I only know of one guy that could dive under the ice semi-dry and stand up to pee afterwards. It would be at least three days for me. :D

Gary D.

You do get wet but you stay way warmer. I use my semi-dry 7mm up here in Canada up until ice diving season. I dive the semi in 2 degree water. I can get cold past the 2nd thermocline though. I only use my drysuit in the winter.

I have a 7/5 semidry that I dive in Florda springs all of the time. It is much warmer than a comparable wetsuit, and is probably all the suit that I will need for a while.

But in the colder waters that you are looking at, I would question whether or not you should even bother with a semidry.

I'm saving for a real drysuit myself. I tried a couple of different DUI suits at a demo recently, and for me the biggest difference wasn't how warm I stayed in the water, but how much nicer it is when the dive is over. Instead of struggling to peel off that tight wetsuit and then being wet and semi-naked on the beach, the suit is easier to get off, and the divewear underneath is comfortable to be in by itself.

sambolino44:
I'm saving for a real drysuit myself. I tried a couple of different DUI suits at a demo recently, and for me the biggest difference wasn't how warm I stayed in the water, but how much nicer it is when the dive is over. Instead of struggling to peel off that tight wetsuit and then being wet and semi-naked on the beach, the suit is easier to get off, and the divewear underneath is comfortable to be in by itself.

Stop it! Stop it!

You're making me want to buy a dry suit! I'm happy in my wet-suit. Yes, that's right, so very, very happy. :439:

Don't need to spend thousands on a dry suit. Just need my precious wet suit. PRECCCCCIOUS. :jump3:

FD

Back
Top Bottom