semi drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chad-purdy

Reaction score
just worndering if you still get wet in a semi drysuit?? is it the same as a regular wet suit?? any info would be grate thanks

chad

In my mind "dry" is like "pregnant"

...either you ARE or you're NOT - there is no semi.

:)

Yep, wet is still wet. The "semi-wetsuits" just have some design features that greatly minimize water exchange between inside/outside the suit.
It can be worth a few extra bucks over the cost of a "plain" wetsuit but some mfgrs get carried away with both their claims & prices.

Just dont plan on staying dry with one , i have seen divers not get wet on some parts cause of a semi dry suit.

Bob3:
Yep, wet is still wet. The "semi-wetsuits" just have some design features that greatly minimize water exchange between inside/outside the suit.
It can be worth a few extra bucks over the cost of a "plain" wetsuit but some mfgrs get carried away with both their claims & prices.

I own a Pinnacle Extreme - it's considered semi-dry. What Bob3 says is correct. The Pinnacle was no more expensive than a good 7mm FJ.

JR

so whats the deal with them? do u stay warmer in a semi then you would in a wetsuit?

so whats the deal with a semi? does it keep you warmer then in a wetsuit

chad-purdy:
so whats the deal with them? do u stay warmer in a semi then you would in a wetsuit?

If the water exchange is minimized you will feel warmer since your body does not have to continually reheat the cold water as it gets exchanged for water your body has already heated.

The question becomes to what degree does the semi-dry suit reduce the exchagne rate when compared to a regular wet suit.

Im looking to buy a drysuit but because of cost im wondering should I go Semi-Dry, or spend the extra couple and save for a little while longer and go for the drysuit, I live in canada and the main reason is so I can comfertably dive in the winter. Do people often dive in the winter with a semi dry in our canuck waters or is it hands down- spend the extra bucks?

IMHO, save for alittle longer and go "dry". Your comfort level in cold water will be much better in a dry suit.
I dive dry all year long, from water thats 70 degrees F in late summer to 34 degree water in Feb.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom