Semi- Dry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was sort of in the same boat - wanted to be warm, didn't have the money for a dry-suit. (My husband got a custom-fit diving concepts drysuit paid for off a grant - jerk.) Anyways, got a Mares Isotherm Semi-dry - it has foldover neoprene seals at neck, wrists, and ankles and a back drysuit zipper (for ~$380). I usually only get a little water in the ankles (mine are apparently too narrow). My core/torso and most of my appendages end the dive completely dry. For my purposes, I've been down to about 45 degrees and have been pretty darn comfortable. I admit I don't dive every weekend (though I'd like to) so I feel like it can be a good alternative to a drysuit depending on what you want.

For what it's worth to you, I dive a Pinnacle Polar and it has very little water flow in it

my .02

if you truly don't want to take the step to dry suits ... try the waterproof lynx and aries ... they are not truly classified as semi-dry ... simply because they do not have a dry zipper, but with the number of sizes that they offer you can basically get a suit that fits just like a custom ... so no flushing = more warmth

i regularly dive their 5mm with hood and am toasty warm as long as the water stays above 50 or so ... anything colder than that and i want a dry suit though

Waterproof - USA

Back
Top Bottom