Semi-dry wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

it's ok with me on the inside it has a vest like section and a neck seal the zipper is no problem the long tab makes it easy to get into and out of . if you do decide to go with the atlan use the sizing chart for a custom fit . the coldest water i have used it in was 34 degrees f. let me know what you decide to go with . :coffee:

the coldest water i have used it in was 34 degrees f.

Wow! How long were you at that temp and no chills? Ok here's an even better question where did you get it from i was looking online and looks like no one sells them.

Cheers,
Patrick

I have the AquaLung SolaFX (about $500) and it works fine in Monterey (about 50 deg F). In fact, if the air temperature gets above about 60 deg F, the thing is too hot! I have to pour water inside to keep from burning up before I head to the beach.

I don't have a problem with the chest zipper. I like the self-don feature.

Richard

it was in wazee quarry in wisconsin . the dive time was 40 minutes the hardest part was my lips getting cold i should of used a full face mask . most of my other dives were in the greatlakes in water around 45 degrees of course a hood /gloves/boots . i ordered mine from my lds in wisconsin . check around in your area for a dealer. or maybe try to call them directly i could call up to wisconsin and talk to my guys at diversions scuba for a number if you have problems finding a dealer.

The term *dry* does not belong in a description of a suit that results in the diver getting wet! :D

I dive a Bare Nexgen drysuit. It cost me $350, and I have maybe 150 dives on that suit.

Drysuits don't have to be that expensive. If you are a normal fit, you can find one used. I'd give that some thought before spending the $$ on a semi-dry. If you do not have the $$ for a drysuit, Semi-dry is better than wet.

Just an added note, I tried out my Isotherm semi-dry last weekend, although only in a pool. It does indeed seal pretty well. What I didn't count on was it trapping a bunch of air inside (that really threw off my buoyancy for a while -- I couldn't figure out why I couldn't sink, even with 6-8lbs of extra weight!). I think the ONLY water that got inside was the little that came in when I burped the air out the neck seal.

marky-d

Just received my Waterproof Areis semi-dry wetsuit (yes it is a WET suit). I also have a Fusion drysuit but there are many times I would just rather dive wet in a well fitting wetsuit; especially if it is a single short dive where I can get it off and get warm without doing a second or third wet dive. If I am doing that I will use the drysuit. It is much better at keeping you warm both in and out of the water; especially for extended dive times or multiple dives on the same day.

I had to find a suit with zippers on the wrists and ankles to get it on. I have very large hands and wide feet so the zippers or ultra ultra super stretchy material were required. I don't like the super stretcy suits as they seem to get colder faster and don't seem to hold up to use for very long.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

A semi-dry suit is neither.

The term *dry* does not belong in a description of a suit that results in the diver getting wet! :D

I dive a Bare Nexgen drysuit. It cost me $350, and I have maybe 150 dives on that suit.

Drysuits don't have to be that expensive. If you are a normal fit, you can find one used. I'd give that some thought before spending the $$ on a semi-dry. If you do not have the $$ for a drysuit, Semi-dry is better than wet.

Ding ding ding. We have a winner.:D I bought my first DUI tls 350 shell suit for a grand new. Do some shopping around.

Back
Top Bottom