Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divingscorpio13

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm going to Galapagos in April and doing 20 dives.
I'm reaching out to other women out who may have circulation issues and get extremely cold. I have a dry suit but have concerns about taking it on such a trip because I have had seals break unexpectedly and I'm afraid if that happened I would be in huge trouble on this trip. Any suggestions on semi-dry suits? What is the absolute best brand and do they keep you warmer than a 7mm wetsuit or farmer john set up?
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Do you have the user replaceable seals on your dry suit? If not, have you thought about getting them?

I'm going to Galapagos in April and doing 20 dives.
I'm reaching out to other women out who may have circulation issues and get extremely cold. I have a dry suit but have concerns about taking it on such a trip because I have had seals break unexpectedly and I'm afraid if that happened I would be in huge trouble on this trip. Any suggestions on semi-dry suits? What is the absolute best brand and do they keep you warmer than a 7mm wetsuit or farmer john set up?
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

You want the SiTech wrist seals and the SiTech Quick neck. The silicone seals on my suit are very comfortable. Get any extra set (or two) to have on hand in case a seal breaks.

Get dry gloves while you're at it. :)

You want the SiTech wrist seals and the SiTech Quick neck. The silicone seals on my suit are very comfortable. Get any extra set (or two) to have on hand in case a seal breaks.

Get dry gloves while you're at it. :)

I do have dry gloves which are nice. It's my neck seal I've had issues with and had it replaced over the years.

I've just returned from Galapagos liveaboard. I dove my drysuit on all dives other than Wolf and Darwin where I was advised to use a 7 MM. The guides were concerned the current would cause my drysuit to be ripped on the rocks. I'm happy I brought the drysuit for the rest of the dives. The ship provided me with the wetsuit for Wolf/Darwin dives, so I didn't have to purchase one.

A friend onboard was diving a semi dry and struggled to get in/out of it. Consequently, she didn't enjoy her dives. The rest of the passengers seemed to be fine in the 7mm...except for really cold water at Isabella and a nearby site. They coped by cutting their dives a wee bit shorter.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom