Selecton a dive operation in Cozumel - specific questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The idea was to narrow down my choices, not complicate things!! :wink: :D

Okay, but Eco Divers looks pretty good. So does Michelle's/Sea & Sun. Most important is quality of DM and size of boat (small=good).

We just got back from 8 days (5 days diving - 17 dives) and used Blue Angel. We loved them. Great service - great dive masters - great owner (Alejandra) - I recommend them highly. Never more than 6-8 divers on our boats, which were very fast. I'll make a detailed report soon on the diving and Blue Angel. Just know that they are good!

Ask to dive with Jorge! Tell him Nicole & Ronny sent you!

stargirl once bubbled...
We just got back from 8 days (5 days diving - 17 dives) and used Blue Angel. We loved them. Great service - great dive masters - great owner (Alejandra) - I recommend them highly. Never more than 6-8 divers on our boats, which were very fast. I'll make a detailed report soon on the diving and Blue Angel. Just know that they are good!

Did you stay at Caribe Blu (formerly Lorena, more formerly La Perla)?

Yes...we stayed at Caribe Blu. I'm also planning on making a detailed report about the hotel and food - I just need a little time. I got back on Sunday and started a new job on Monday! It's been interesting!

Promise I'll post soon.

:)

Aldora is probably more expensive, but they are one of the few dive ops that use HP steel 120s which give you much more bottom time-so do the math.Al 80 40-50min- hp 120 60-80min...
if you calculate your longer dive times is it really that much more $$?
BTW its a great operation with some great DMs-worked well for me! They will convert your reg to Din for the week and they seem to leave earlier than the other ops so you get to the sites before the others!
Good luck with your choice!

Drewpy once bubbled...
Aldora is probably more expensive, but they are one of the few dive ops that use HP steel 120s which give you much more bottom time-so do the math.Al 80 40-50min- hp 120 60-80min...
if you calculate your longer dive times is it really that much more $$?
BTW its a great operation with some great DMs-worked well for me! They will convert your reg to Din for the week and they seem to leave earlier than the other ops so you get to the sites before the others!
Good luck with your choice!

Ditto Drewpy

Only dive with Aldora when in Coz

So, when I was in Coz a couple of months ago, I was diving 80's. My bottom times were 50 - 80 minutes (depth dependant). Before I went I was all stoked to dive big tanks. Then I dove for the first time in warm water with a current. Man!! My bottom time went through the roof. I saw no need to pay a premium for big tanks. The DMs arranges so that the efficient breathers went deeper and longer as a group. No problem. Personally I wouldn't pay the premuim unless you have very limited time or some big long deep dive you really need to do on one go.

All the same. You can't go wrong with a reccommendation from this group. It worked for me...

Jimi

Jimisurf:

What dive op were you using ? If they let you stay down for 80 minutes with an al80, I'm interested.

I can only speak for the one Dive Op, but I have talked to other people and they consistently rate well with people that have used more than one Op. I went with a group led by a guy that has dove with several Ops and likes Deep Blue the best.

Like cxg31 I dove with Deep Blue in June, and I can't say enough good things about them. The owner Matt was extremely flexible, taking us anywhere and everywhere we wanted to go. Each day we would just let them know when we wanted to dive and how many would be diving, and they were ready for us at the allotted time.

We had 3 different DMs and both Pepe and Gabriel were fabulous. They must have all the reefs memorized because they found everything. We were shown sea horses that were darn near invisible with their camoflauge, plus turtles and rays and .. . and. .. you get the idea. I have heard great things about Sandro also, but I never dove with him.

The DMs were very knowledgeable and they definitely let people dive to their abilities. Oncve they know that you know what the heck you are doing, they just take you places and let you explore.

We requested a repeat dive at the Wreck and they accomodated us no problem. We got to spend a long time inside the wreck exploring everything. It was awesome. I definitely plan to go back, and I will dive with Deep Blue again.

You would probably have a good time with almost any of the 70+ dive ops on the island, but my recommendation is Deep Blue.

I expect a full report when you return. :)

Wristshot

Back
Top Bottom