Seen this starfish at Flower Gardens?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guba:
... I'm assuming when archman said "the two I've got...", he meant on film or tape. The FG is, after all, a national marine sanctuary and as such has very strict No-Take regulations (unless he's with sanctuary staff ...
Uh, he's just an Aggie... any questions? :D
HHhhaaarrrr!
Rick (UT Austin '66-'68)

:rofl3:

Most starfishes can't be ID'd reliably from photographs. For one of the Stetson Bank Mithrodia, chemical bleaching of an arm was warranted to examine its endoskeletal plate structure. Now it looks like a teeny cactus skeleton.:D

I *never* get to go to the Flower Gardens. The only live animals I ever get to see from there are the ones Dr. Wicksten brings back to the laboratory. :(

See what happens to good help Igor; they hold you back and make you stay in the lab… :rofl3:

Later, Andrew

archman:
I *never* get to go to the Flower Gardens. The only live animals I ever get to see from there are the ones Dr. Wicksten brings back to the laboratory. :(

Sorry no Starfish sighting on this trip Archman. We looked but nothing like the picture you gave us.

Debraw:
Sorry no Starfish sighting on this trip Archman. We looked but nothing like the picture you gave us.

Yea but seeing 2 whalesharks as reports by Capt. Frank is pretty kool!

Debraw, did y'all take pictures, and if so, can you upload a few?

-------------------
UT-Austin '75-'78

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom