Seeking reccomendation for smallish light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the Ikelight PCA for clipping off or pocket. Works very well. Price is right too!

Hallmac

leadweight once bubbled...
Ian,

Actually, a 2"X7" tube is what I would call medium in physical size. The 20 watt output is large. Main problem (aside from the high price of $233 not including freight) is that the mini-tube only burns for 35 minutes. It looks like an exercise in building a flashlight grip 20 watt light without regard to burn time. It might be ok for public service use on land but, will not get most people through a night dive as a primary, and is certainly too short for a backup...

I agree it is too short a burn time for a primary at night, I was thinking more of a primary for daytime use (I missed the night bit on the original post!) for looking into cracks, etc. I would have thought that 70 min burn time (@10w) wouldn't be too bad as a backup.

Must agree though it is b****y expensive!

Ian

I don't know if it's common to post a link to an online merchant, but if cheap is a feature, and a 6 "C" light is smallish, LP has the Tec 600 on sale through Jan. 29, 2003. http://s1059kxm.leisurepro.com/webapp/commerce/command/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=6091&prmenbr=946 $15. ! =-)

All but one of my Princeton Tec lights has leaked at less than 70 feet, but their customer service seems easy to deal with, and I just bought 3 more of their lights.... If "extra small" is the key feature, I love my "Attitude" with 3 LEDs and a 100 hour life on 4 AAA batteries. It's one of the lights that leaked, but it also the one I bought 2 more of. Excellent brightness for an emergency light.... and did I mention it'll run 100 hours on a set of batteries?

Oh yeah, and the batteries last a long time.

I have 2 super sabres and I can't find any reason to go with anything else for a small BC sized light. Pelican stands behind their product as well. I have fopund them for as little as $22.00
TR

I love mine. I keep it clipped to my inflator hose while diving, day or night. It's a great back-up light at night and works great as a "nook and cranny" light in the day. The ability to strap it to a hose keeps it out of the way yet accessible.

:boom: <=== It's da bomb! :rofL:

The ScubaRedneck

:scuba:

Back
Top Bottom