Seeking dive buddies--jacksonville, fl may11 to 15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Allenfd

Registered
Reaction score
I will be in jacksonville,fl for work on may 10th to the 17th with a friend, we are looking for some other divers to hook up with that know some good spots too dive. If anyone is interested let me know always cool too meet other divers we are both PADI Advanced open water/Nitrox certified.

I will be in jacksonville,fl for work on may 10th to the 17th with a friend, we are looking for some other divers to hook up with that know some good spots too dive. If anyone is interested let me know always cool too meet other divers we are both PADI Advanced open water/Nitrox certified.

Just a heads up, there is no real shore diving in Jax, its either offshore or head to cave country or further south. The Local Dive club's resident instructor is having some OW stuff going on the weekend of 12+13. 12th is Devils Den, 13th is either going to be Troy Springs or Catfish Hotel.

Yea we were thinking of heading out on Alantic pro divers boat one of them days then were thinking of heading to troy springs i have herd thats sweet, how is devils den how deep is that? what club is doing them dives?

Yea we were thinking of heading out on Alantic pro divers boat one of them days then were thinking of heading to troy springs i have herd thats sweet, how is devils den how deep is that? what club is doing them dives?

Devin's Den is ok, would rather do Troy, lot bigger (and deeper too). Bubbles Up Jacksonville. I would go, but need new BCD, and you just can't grab one off the rental shelf really for me, as a few from the group have finally learned *laughs*. Good group. Also, it's a hell of a lot cheaper to get into Troy (about $6) compared to Devils Den (about $30), but you may want to bring 2 tanks to Troy since its a bit of a ways to get a refill (from what I was told).

Cool thanks for the heads up ill check the club out. What's the best boat too dive off of out of Jacksonville?

I live in St. Augustine and if you would like to get together on Sat. the 12th or Sun. the 13th lmk.

Thanks sounds good what kinda spots you like to dive on? We were thinking of heading out on off shore dive charters or alantic pro divers boat.

Highly recommend Offshore Dive Charters, Capt Dan knows the area and if you want to spearfish, he will get you to some sweet spots.....we dove with him last weekend and loaded up with Flounder! There were also plenty of other yummy fish to be found :)

And we would love to have you join us over at one of the Springs as well....Michael is the resident instructor with Bubbles Up. If you want to check out some video of Offshore Jax, check out our facebook page for ScubaDreaminn.

Thanks sounds good what kinda spots you like to dive on? We were thinking of heading out on off shore dive charters or alantic pro divers boat.

Well I can do just about any type of diving (including cave). So you just figure out they type and then we can figure out the location and all that. With all the diving options here, it is better to select the type of diving you want to do and then settle on the place. Also if you want to ocean dive, you should make backup plans for a spring dive as most operators cancel boats in anything >4 - 5 ft waves.

Daru

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom