seeking camera operator / dive buddy - TV pilot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vandal138

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings fellow dive buddies,
I am looking for a camera operator with knowledge of the local Florida area (Miami / Ft. Lauderdale) to assist in shooting a pilot episode for a potential TV series. My colleague and I have this idea to turn our life passions into a means of living, my passion being SCUBA diving and his being a documentary film maker / producer. I will be in Florida in February and I hope to make contact with a diver that has access to camera and lighting equipment to film a very compressed pilot episode to pitch to TV networks. We plan to focus our pilot around a specific location or formation, right now we are thinking about focusing on a specific shipwreck with a history to share. The goals of the show are to educate on biology and history of what we observe, capture and display spectacular images and convey our joy of SCUBA/nature/exploration in a fun and entertaining way.

Would anyone have any input to share in terms of something unique to Florida that they would like to share with the rest of the world? Please share it here and we can get a discussion going.

~this post was written in haste as my previous post was lost to the internet before I could submit it (so frustrating, it was really well written):(:dork2::tmi2:

I think that's been tried many times in the past couple years without much success. That said, I hope you make it. I want to WATCH this type of stuff!

Also, as someone who has successfully transformed their hobby into a career. I can say doing it for a living really sucks a lot of the fun out. Mine was computers (now called Information Technology). The more successful in this industry I become, the less fun I have doing anything computer related at home. Food for thought.

I think that's been tried many times in the past couple years without much success. That said, I hope you make it. I want to WATCH this type of stuff!

Also, as someone who has successfully transformed their hobby into a career. I can say doing it for a living really sucks a lot of the fun out. Mine was computers (now called Information Technology). The more successful in this industry I become, the less fun I have doing anything computer related at home. Food for thought.

I hear that. My partner and I are both experienced VFX artists, a career we both got into because it was fun and we were passionate. I think a change of direction is a good way to keep life interesting and I am just looking for an excuse to spend more time underwater.

Its a challenge to come up with a unique and exciting diving adventure show when life underwater is quite the opposite, slow and serene. Given our skills, I think we can at least make a somewhat entertaining show with educational value.

...I am looking for a camera operator with knowledge of the local Florida area (Miami / Ft. Lauderdale) to assist in shooting a pilot episode for a potential TV series....

The person you are looking for is Frazier Nivens. Not only does he have critical TV producer-buyer contacts to get your show purchased, he also knows and dives that area perfectly. If you are serious about getting your show on television, he is the person that can make it happen. Jeez, he just won an Emmy last month for his underwater video work !!

I'm guessing you have already prepared a timeline, plan, budget, and are ready to get in the water. Contact him here:
http://www.oceanimaging.com

The person you are looking for is Frazier Nivens. Not only does he have critical TV producer-buyer contacts to get your show purchased, he also knows and dives that area perfectly. If you are serious about getting your show on television, he is the person that can make it happen. Jeez, he just won an Emmy last month for his underwater video work !!

I'm guessing you have already prepared a timeline, plan, budget, and are ready to get in the water. Contact him here:
http://www.oceanimaging.com

Wow, he has captured some truly spectacular looking footage, I will reach out to him! We don't have much planned for the show just yet, we are in the very early stages of trying to figure out our focus of the series. This will be a preliminary dive to gather footage and hope to come across something interesting to show.
I hope to find more of a dive buddy with a camera that would like to have something to use to showcase their work and also have a good fun dive doing so.

Greetings fellow dive buddies,
I am looking for a camera operator with knowledge of the local Florida area (Miami / Ft. Lauderdale) to assist in shooting a pilot episode for a potential TV series. My colleague and I have this idea to turn our life passions into a means of living, my passion being SCUBA diving and his being a documentary film maker / producer. I will be in Florida in February and I hope to make contact with a diver that has access to camera and lighting equipment to film a very compressed pilot episode to pitch to TV networks. We plan to focus our pilot around a specific location or formation, right now we are thinking about focusing on a specific shipwreck with a history to share. The goals of the show are to educate on biology and history of what we observe, capture and display spectacular images and convey our joy of SCUBA/nature/exploration in a fun and entertaining way.

Would anyone have any input to share in terms of something unique to Florida that they would like to share with the rest of the world? Please share it here and we can get a discussion going.

~this post was written in haste as my previous post was lost to the internet before I could submit it (so frustrating, it was really well written):(:dork2::tmi2:

I will also be down in Florida diving during that time. I will be doing more testing with my https://nearshoredivevehicle.wordpress.com I have shot some underwater, and am a photographer by trade. It would be a good test to use my NDV as a platform for video. Message me if you would like to connect.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom