Seeking alternative to boots and booties

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use five finger shoes with Vibram sole from REI. There are a few styles and i suggest the velcro strap so you don't have the bulk of the laces to deal with. They work great and offer the dexterity for your toes going over the iron shore. I've used them in Bonaire and Cayman Brac for over 60 dives and never had any issues.

I like Converse All Stars in a half size bigger than my normal shoe. It lets me wear a couple different thicknesses of neoprene sock when I'm diving wet, and fits over my drysuit socks when diving dry.

+1 I do not pay the hight price of ALSTARS though .I go to Walmart and by there $8 dollar canvas shoe work great wet or dry and you can't beat the price

If your looking for converse chuck taylors, you can get lucky on a good day at the Goodwill, SalvArmy, etc.

+1 I do not pay the hight price of ALSTARS though .I go to Walmart and by there $8 dollar canvas shoe work great wet or dry and you can't beat the price

Yeah, you could do that, but then you wouldn't be cool..... :D:D:D

Seasoft Stealth

Mares, Henderson, and SP all make boots with more support

Mares Flexa:

412626.e01ce3bb.jpg

Henderson AquaLock
thumb.php

Scuba Pro

scu_15906__.jpg

Careful about boots with a thick sole. The fin's pocket all of the sudden can be too low, wide enough still, but not high enough.

Before New Balance bought the OTB line, they had different names for the different boot heights. Well, they consolidated everything into the Abyss with a low and high ankle. I've been diving the low ankle for quite some time but the past couple of days I've been diving the high ankle. I simply love the feel. Great support walking to and from the dock heading to the Devil's Eye.

they look like a robust version of the old Warmers boots.... hoping they restock the "lows' in my size.....

I always bought them a half or full size bigger than what I wear on dry land. When I switched to OTBs, I had to change to XXL fins. Glad I did. Glad I did.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom