Securing a Contour HD camera with lanyard or other method

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do any of you know about how much weight it takes to make the contourRoam and contour case neutrally buoyant? I have been taking my in a setup similar to ElliottM and have found that the camera flopping around as it floats about is pretty annoying.

Thought I would throw in my two cents worth on this thread. Been shooting with a Contour camera in several sports including diving for a while now. While using it in both paintball and skiing/snowboarding it is worth noting that one needs to hold the camera ( your head it's attached to) very still and directly at a subject for clear close shots. IMO. I noted the OP wanted to mount the camera on their hand with holding it. This will also have the possibility of having quite a bit of your hand in the frame if you are not very carefull as well as the possibility of a great deal of movement. My trial and fail ( read dissapointing results) experience with this has shown me that a light can make a huge difference in the finished product. The video I will post was shot with a inexpensive tray set using a "Intova" Super Nova 500 lumen light.
It was a cost effective combo video/ everyday dive light. When I wasn't shooting it was on a wrist strap or could be attached to my BCD.
I would like to hear what setting everyone else is using on exposures.
One other word. Because the waterproof case has no real lock on it, you might want to consider wraping a rubber band or two around the release latch. Just incase you get it hung on something while attached to your BCD. Cheap insurance. Let us see how things turn out. Good luck.
Cayman Garden - YouTube

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom