Seawing Nova Gorillas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Locus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys,

I'm thinking about picking up a pair of seawing nova gorilla fins, but I would want them in a much more visible colour than the usual black/grey. Any chance these will be coming out in yellow?

Excellent. I heard about yellow novas coming out, but I wanted to be sure that there would be brighter gorillas as well. I'll hold off on buying. Thanks!

Ah, I was afraid of that.

Bright fins are awesome, and there are in fact a lot of us visibility-conscious divers. Just sayin...

Ah, I was afraid of that.

Bright fins are awesome, and there are in fact a lot of us visibility-conscious divers. Just sayin...

You're not interested in the orange Gorillas?

---------- Post added December 2nd, 2013 at 11:21 AM ----------

Another run of yellow Jets would be appreciated by many.

You're not interested in the orange Gorillas?

---------- Post added December 2nd, 2013 at 11:21 AM ----------

Another run of yellow Jets would be appreciated by many.

Orange gorillas are hard to find. To my knowledge they only did a limited run for dive pros. I have a friend who is soon to be a DM and I'm totes jelly of her orange gorillas.

If I could get some yellow jets I'd probably buy them.

Orange gorillas are hard to find. To my knowledge they only did a limited run for dive pros. I have a friend who is soon to be a DM and I'm totes jelly of her orange gorillas.

If I could get some yellow jets I'd probably buy them.

Can be hard to find, but can buy in Thailand with relative ease, ditto out of Spain if you can have them sent to a friend within the EU. I can get them here in Japan but they are pretty spendy.

I have no idea why SP only did a short limited run of yellow jets recently. They sold out very quickly which would lead me to believe they were very popular and given aim of the game is to make money I cannot understand why they won't do another run or in fact make yellow a standard option. Must be not worth it to them. Go figure.

Dive culture strikes me as one that stays pretty set in its ways. In my (admittedly limited) experience, the biggest fans of jets and similar tried-and-true designs are experienced divers who don't go for flash. From a marketing standpoint, it could seem logical to supply these fins in oldschool techie black to appeal to that market, while producing brighter, updated models like the nova for newer divers.

Could you please tell me if SP's limited lifetime warranty on seawing novas extends beyond the original owner? I found some bright novas for sale but they're pre-owned.

Back
Top Bottom