Seattle adventure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon:
No, the first day at Redondo Beach...
:confused:

DoubleDip...?
That's Kirk ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Don...
Your dive buddies that day were Kirk (Double Dip), Tim (Sandman) and KIRSTEN(Scubak)
Hope you are having fun!
K

scubak:
Don...
Your dive buddies that day were Kirk (Double Dip), Tim (Sandman) and KIRSTEN(Scubak)
Hope you are having fun!
K
Yes, indeed - and wonderful buddies you all were with this Puget newbie. (I had your name right in my mind, but typoed! Thanks, corrected my posted within the edit time limit.)

MdkSniper:
I'm from New Jersey and I have to admit that I have never pumped my own gas.

LOL! Figures you'd be from the only other state that's like that :D
Ber :lilbunny:

If you do want to sail or race let me know.

Duck Dodges are happening in June which are more like melee's on a boat.
Then there are also serious races.

Kayaking is also a very popular activity and very enjoyable. You could probably borrow a couple of our kayaks if you want.

Take a sea plane flight around the Puget Sound.

Lynne is right. Museum of Flight is fantastic, Pike Place market is a popular visit.

Some like the Experience Music Project, I've never been.

The other locals may know, when does the Seattle Art Museum open back up?

A visit to the Ballard Locks is always popular.

Other mountains to visit:
Bike rides through the north cascades highway are physically challenging but absolutely breathtaking. If you have a motorcycle license, then CycleBarn will rent you a cycle and you can do the highway easy.

The Olympic Rainforest is our favorite, as is the hike to Sol Duc hotsprings. Or even go down to Mt. St. Helens to do a hike.

How far are the San Juan Islands from Seattle? I actually have a cousin who lives there and develops homes.

Experience Music Project was not worth the money, as far as I was concerned.

MdkSniper:
How far are the San Juan Islands from Seattle? I actually have a cousin who lives there and develops homes.
A litte more than an hour to Anacortes, I think. I took a dive boat out of there this year, but that's a good place to catch a ferry to the islands - did that last time I was there, nice...!

But you can take ferries from lots of places to there, depending on which island...

You might consider a visit to the Seattle Aquarium along the waterfront, just down the hill from Pike Place Market.

The newest umpteen million dollar exhibit "Window on Washington Waters" will be open by then. They also have several tide pool exhibits, an underwater dome, sea otters, several species of seals, knowledgable staff+interpreters and "flash ID cards"

The whole package will help you understand what you're seeing when you're out diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom